Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Advice

Trade Advice

Points-based league. My SPs are solid (Peavy, Rich Hill, John Maine, James Shields, Oliver Perez), but I could really use a big bat.

I was offered Harang, Oswalt, and Travis Hafner for Jake Peavy and Kevin Youkilis.

I'd be giving up the best player in the deal by far, but is the return worth it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Advice

I believe this is a good deal for you. Harang is easily one of the most underrated starters in fantasy. He will win about the same as Peavy, have about 30 less Ks, have similar WHIP. The only stat that Peavy is much better is ERA.

Hafner is due for a rebound year. A lot of people are saying that steroids were why he was so good before last year, but I don't buy that.

I'd jump all over that offer.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

do it before he changes his mind

A blast from the past.

Sometimes, the best deals are the ones you don't make.

Luckily, I didn't take this deal, and I ended up winning the league.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

true that. That would have been a ball buster.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?