Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    87

    Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    This problem is driving me up the wall, any help would be appreciated. For the last month or so, I have had a problem loading some pages some of the time. I get the following message:

    Offline Mode
    Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web.

    The browser is operating in its offline mode and cannot connect to the requested item.

    * Is the computer connected to an active network?
    * Place the browser in online mode and try again.

    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, I hit refresh a few times and it usually loads correctly. Sometimes there is temporarily a check mark next to "Work Offline" then it suddenly dissapears. I have checked with my service provider (Cin. Bell), there seems to be nothing wrong on their end. My laptop which I have hooked up to the wireless network never seems to have this problem. The affected computer is not on a wireless network, it is hard-wired. I have tried unistalling Firefox, then re-installing, no luck.

    Any ideas?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    I'm doing fine.......
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  4. #3
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Posts
    3,850

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    Mine just seems to be slower. I bought a new quad-core rig with 4 megs of ram so it should be flying along I would think. Maybe it's Vista. Seems everything can be blamed on Vista.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster


    "Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

  5. #4
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    Vista actually killed archduke Ferdinand.

    Try opening a command prompt (if that is even possible with Vista I haven't messed with it since beta 2ish) and doing a continuous ping (ping -t www.redszone.com) to whichever site you are browsing to. Browse the internet while this is running. If you see the "offline mode" behavior, check your continuous ping to see if you have packet loss. If you have packet loss, it probably isn't a firefox problem.
    4009



  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    87

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Vista actually killed archduke Ferdinand.

    Try opening a command prompt (if that is even possible with Vista I haven't messed with it since beta 2ish) and doing a continuous ping (ping -t www.redszone.com) to whichever site you are browsing to. Browse the internet while this is running. If you see the "offline mode" behavior, check your continuous ping to see if you have packet loss. If you have packet loss, it probably isn't a firefox problem.
    I have Vista, should have mentioned that. No packet loss.

  7. #6
    Member ochre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    make sure that the "Work Offline" checkbox in the File menu isn't checked.
    4009



  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Youngstown,OH
    Posts
    352

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
    This problem is driving me up the wall, any help would be appreciated. For the last month or so, I have had a problem loading some pages some of the time. I get the following message:

    Offline Mode
    Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web.

    The browser is operating in its offline mode and cannot connect to the requested item.

    * Is the computer connected to an active network?
    * Place the browser in online mode and try again.

    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, I hit refresh a few times and it usually loads correctly. Sometimes there is temporarily a check mark next to "Work Offline" then it suddenly dissapears. I have checked with my service provider (Cin. Bell), there seems to be nothing wrong on their end. My laptop which I have hooked up to the wireless network never seems to have this problem. The affected computer is not on a wireless network, it is hard-wired. I have tried unistalling Firefox, then re-installing, no luck.

    Any ideas?
    Does it happen at any time, or just when you launch the browser?
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    87

    Re: Problem with Mozilla Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by JBChance View Post
    Does it happen at any time, or just when you launch the browser?
    It can happen anytime, very random.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25