Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sports Illustrated ST postcard: Can 09 Reds mimmick 08 Rays?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Sports Illustrated ST postcard: Can 09 Reds mimmick 08 Rays?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=sircrc

Decent read. I liked the part that said our team has been known as one of the most fan and media friendly in the league for years. I agree with that from what I've experienced.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sports Illustrated ST postcard: Can 09 Reds mimmick 08 Rays?

That is a nice read.

Need all the positives we can get.

If we in the Sun Deck believe what their trumpeting in ORG, we might as well twiddle our thumbs until football season.

its nice to see something optimistic about the reds on this board.

Its GREAT to read stuff like that, as we don't hear it often...but let's see it on the field!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Makes it all sound peaches and cherries.

Funny how the rest of world agrees with my last seasons arguments "the HIGHLY paid LAZY veteran leaders" This team had dragging us down.

Too bad we still need all the planets to align for a playoff birth.

When I was watching the rays run last year I kept saying to myself this could very easily be the reds next year. Hopefully SI is right

Maybe I date myself a bit, but what about comparison to the '90 Reds? Did anyone pick them to be the team to beat? They had emerging stars in Larkin (But not quite yet), and Davis, (A little further along, but similar evaluation). Rijo, everybody [B]thought[B] he might be good, a solid O'Neill, good-hitting Morris, Sabo who? Etc., etc. And oh yeah, the nasty boys. Well, this bullpen could be pretty nasty
    Last edited by gedred69; 02-27-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grammar

Not only is it a good read, but its exactly what I have been thinking lately. If our pitching pans out, and the short ST has me optimistic it will, there is no reason at all we cant make a run

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post

If we in the Sun Deck believe what their trumpeting in ORG, we might as well twiddle our thumbs until football season.
    Obviously I would love to see the reds make the playoffs.
    "But" I am not the kind that when they will "not", I write off the season. I love baseball too much. Shoot...I got excited the years we went into ST with guys like Hamilton, Haynes, Reitsma, Osvaldo Fernandez, Dessens as starters.
    So now with these guys Like EVol, Cueto etc, I definitely see where they could/should improve.

Also, the Brew Crew and Houston should drop back a bit and the Pirates are the Pirates.
    Stl has potentially an above average bullpen "if" starters can get it to them.
    The Cubs are set to win a 162 game schedule but all in all , I think it will be a fun year.

Turn Off Ads?