Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else is watching Eastbound & Down?

Who else is watching Eastbound & Down?

My god this show is freaking hilarious.

The last episode with Will Ferrell was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who else is watching Eastbound & Down?

I've been watching it. I enjoy Flight of The Conchords more so, but the shows are completely different and a bit poorly matched outside of both being comedies.... that said, it has been extremely funny so far as we witness the fall and quasi-rise of Kenny Powers.

"Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I'm not. I honestly just feel that America's the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism."
    Last edited by missionhockey21; 02-25-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Wow. Do they have the whole "Redneck Flash in the Pan Closer" mythos down or what?

I can't figure out if Kenny Powers is Mitch Williams, Rob Dibble, or Rod Beck.

I know it's not intended, but Kenny's "love interest" is kinda sexy to me as well.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'm still trying to figure out if that guy that plays Powers is a stinky actor or if it's just the despicable character played to perfection.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

It's a great show, because he just so happens to be a redneck. Instead of force feeding it down your throat every 5 seconds like the whole Blue Collar Comedy thing.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if that guy that plays Powers is a stinky actor or if it's just the despicable character played to perfection.
    That's Danny McBride. He's a very funny guy.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Danny McBride has every role that I would have if I were an actor in Hollywood. He is funny as all get out! I love both Flight of the Concords and East Bound and Down.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Sorry WMR but that show is bad, bad, bad.

I tried on two occasions to get into it and just couldn't last more than 10 minutes.

HBO seems to really be struggling outside of Entourage lately. Seems like most of there originals are complete swing and misses. Just a few years ago (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Rome) HBO's original series was can't miss entertainment.

Alright I watched all six episodes over the last few days. I think this show is hilarious. I've thought that Danny McBride has been really funny in the last few movies he's been in and he's excellent for this character. Except of course for the fact that he throws like a spazz, normally that would bother me, but in a comedy I can let it slide.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Wow. Do they have the whole "Redneck Flash in the Pan Closer" mythos down or what?

I can't figure out if Kenny Powers is Mitch Williams, Rob Dibble, or Rod Beck.

I know it's not intended, but Kenny's "love interest" is kinda sexy to me as well.

John Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    John Rocker
    I haven't seen this show, but I saw a commercial and within 30 seconds I assumed that's who it was about.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

It's really not about Rocker at all. I wouldn't even think he was the inspiration, to be honest.

This show is an awkward mix of funny, awkward and sad. But I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    HBO seems to really be struggling outside of Entourage lately. Seems like most of there originals are complete swing and misses. Just a few years ago (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Rome) HBO's original series was can't miss entertainment.
    Big Love is fantastic, one of my favorites on TV right now with some of the best character actors ever. In Treatment has been huge, and so has Flight of the Concords. True Blood is phenomenal.

So ... :

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    This show is an awkward mix of funny, awkward and sad. But I like it.

Big Love is fantastic, one of my favorites on TV right now with some of the best character actors ever. In Treatment has been huge, and so has Flight of the Concords. True Blood is phenomenal.

So ... :
    My wife loves True Blood so yeah I see you there. Vampires aren't really my thing.

And I love Bill Paxton but I couldn't get into Big Love.

They call me "chef"

Gabriel, toss me a shrimp!

Turn Off Ads?