Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bill Bray Signs 1 year Deal w/ Reds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bill Bray Signs 1 year Deal w/ Reds

I was listening to The Fan 97.1 in Columbus and they said that Bill Bray had been signed to a one year contract. I thought he was released...or am I thinking of someone else and this is an arbitration case or a contract to remove arbitration for next off season?
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 02-25-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Clear up title
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Re: Bill Bray back with the Reds?

It's as if he never left.

I don't think Bray was ever let go, this is just the Reds signing him as usual with non arbitration eligible guys

Maybe you are thinking of Majewski
    Go Gators!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    I was listening to The Fan 97.1 in Columbus and they said that Bill Bray had been signed to a one year contract. I thought he was released...or am I thinking of someone else and this is an arbitration case or a contract to remove arbitration for next off season?
    Nope, he never left. Are you thinking Majewski or Belisle? They were both non-tendered back in Dec I think.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Nope, he never left. Are you thinking Majewski or Belisle? They were both non-tendered back in Dec I think.
    No, I'm fairly certain I heard the sports break correctly...it was around 2PM today...I thought he was still on the roster but they said he was signed to a one year contract....I am going to call the station because I don't see any sort of release about the Reds and Bray on the MLB site and also, the guy is on the roster.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    No, I'm fairly certain I heard the sports break correctly...it was around 2PM today...I thought he was still on the roster but they said he was signed to a one year contract....I am going to call the station because I don't see any sort of release about the Reds and Bray on the MLB site and also, the guy is on the roster.
    In transactions -- LHP Bill Bray, SS Paul Janish and C/IF Wilkin Castillo agreed to one-year contracts. The Reds have eight players unsigned.

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/

It's a standard procedure. All non-arbitration eligible players are signed to one year contracts.

Jay Bruce signed a 1 year deal a few days ago, it's normal for non-arbitration guys to sign 1 year deals.
    Go Gators!

OK, just talked to a guy at the station and he said that Bray reworked his deal and added a year....thanks for the other information too Krono

Thanks for clearing up my confusion...I appreciate it.

Turn Off Ads?