Thread: Thoughts From the Delivery Room

Re: Thoughts From the Delivery Room

Great post, Dom - congrats!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Sebastian Reese was born at 10:04 am. Both mother and baby are beautiful.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

And guys- I typed that on an iPhone while mom was quite asleep. She got to read the post though and she had a good cry.

Okay- we had a good cry.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

Woot!

What's an iphone?

Is it like my phone, pictured here?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Sebastian Reese was born at 10:04 am. Both mother and baby are beautiful.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

And guys- I typed that on an iPhone while mom was quite asleep. She got to read the post though and she had a good cry.

Okay- we had a good cry.
    Congratulations! That first post was really,really nice. You should make sure you print that and keep it forever.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    my wife would have beat me senseless if she caught me on a computer in any of our deliveries.
    At the hospital where my second kid was born, they had TVs in the birthing rooms. 12 years later, I remember much more about what was on TV that night than I do about my wife's labor. Her memory of the experience is the exact opposite.

Congratulations, Dom.
    /r/reds

Congrats!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Wow, this thread is way more exciting than what I thought it was going to be about (sorting mail).

Congrats!
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    So I'm wide awake, lying on the floor of the room in which my son will be brought into the world here in a few short hours.
    We got to experience this joy a couple weeks ago (minus the illness and sleeping on the floor) with the birth of our daughter. As everyone else said it is an amazing and crazy experience. I hope everything goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    At the hospital where my second kid was born, they had TVs in the birthing rooms. 12 years later, I remember much more about what was on TV that night than I do about my wife's labor. Her memory of the experience is the exact opposite.

Congratulations, Dom.
    True Story

We had a TV on in the room when my wife was giving birth to my son. Just as he popped out and while still attached to the embilitical cord, a commercial featuring Rob Dibble wearing his Reds uniform featuring the sports show he used to host came on the TV.

I commented to my wife..."this is awesome....the very moment my son enters the world the Reds are on TV"!!!

With my wife's feet still in the stirrups and as I am cutting my sons embilitical cord, the doctor looks up at me (he is still down there) and asked me...so your a reds fan?? I told him yes so he proceeded to ask me as I was trying to cut my sons cord what I thought the Reds could do about the lousy bullpen( it was 06') . I proceeded to give my views on the bullpen and the state of the Reds as I was cutting my sons cord.

Unfortunately the baseball conversation was cut short because my wife just wasn't a real good sport and made it known in a not to subtle way that she want to hear about the trials and tribulations of the Reds having just seconds before gaving birth.

I can't believe some women
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post

Congratulations, Dom.
    We had a tv in the birthing room, Reds were playing the Brewers for a few hours of the delivery, actually beat them pretty good that night.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Congratulations Dom! Enjoy every moment! Having children is a special joy that everyone should experience at some point in their life. Your post brought back powerful memories for me. I can remember everything about the births of all three of my daughters, and like you I was smart enough to put my thoughts and feelings down on paper (or the digital equivalent) shortly after each. One of my daughters recently graduated from high school and one of the things I gave her was a copy of my writings upon the occasion of her birth. It was very moving for both of us.
    You've got so many wonderful moments to look forward to...first words, first steps, first baseball game, first day of school, and on and on. Enjoy! and congrats again!

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?