Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Top 10 Pitching Rotations

Top 10 Pitching Rotations

Who are the top 10, and where do the Reds rank
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Top 10 Pitching Rotations

Too lazy to rank the Top 10, but in the NL Central, the Reds are no worse than 2nd. Without looking up any statistics because I just awoke, and I'm very adament about not doing statistics in the morning, I'll say no worse than 6th in the NL and 13th in the MLB. Somebody please do the work here and bolster my prediction.

http://www.jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Rusty the Red

There is a chance that our top 4 would rank in the top 6-10 in MLB.
    Add in the unknown #5, that probably drops us.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think theres a lot of people who wouldn't have us in the top 10.

Two young studs but Harang is no sure thing and Arroyo while being an innings eater is wildly inconsistent
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I figure we're around the 10th best rotation in the MLB, 6th best in the NL. Teams whose rotation I would take over our rotation (Volquez, Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Owings/Bailey/Thompson/Ramirez/Maloney):

Arizona (Webb, Haren, Garland, Scherzer, Davis)
    Atlanta (Lowe, Vazquez, Hudson, Jurrjens, Glavine/Reyes/James/Campillo/Kawakami)
    Boston (Beckett, Matsuzaka, Lester, Smoltz, Penny/Buchholz/Bowden/Wakefield)
    Chicago, NL (Zambrano, Harden, Lilly, Dempster, Marshall/Samardijia)
    Los Angeles, AL (Lackey, Santana, Weaver, Escobar, Saunders/Adenhart/Moseley)
    New York, AL (Sabathia, Burnett, Chamberlain, Wang, Pettitte/Kennedy/Hughes/Igawa)
    New York, NL (Santana, Maine, Perez, Pelfrey, Niese/Garcia/Redding/Hernandez)
    San Francisco (Lincecum, Cain, Johnson, Sanchez, Zito/Lowry)
    Tampa Bay (Shields, Kazmir, Garza, Sonnanstine, Price/Niemann/Davis/McGee/Talbot)

Not too shabby though, compared to what it was 5-10 years ago...

Good work looking that up.

You may think I'm on something, but I will put the Reds top 5 (assuming Bailey or Owings plays to potential) against most all of those.

Boston, Chicago, and Tampa are nasty though...

I thought the list above was pretty good, but I wouldnt put the Mets over the Reds.

The Indians rotation is top heavy but Lee/Carmona is potentially one of the best 1-2 combos in baseball. Sowers and Pavano could be nice surprises if they pan out. They certainly both have ability

The Twins almost always have solid starting pitching. If Liriano is healthy and Blackburn and Slowey improve, theyll be tough.

And unless this is the season Moyer falls off the face of the earth, I'd put Philly in the top dozen or so.

Of course I do think the Reds have the potential to be as good as any 1 through 5 in the game
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty the Red View Post
    There is a chance that our top 4 would rank in the top 6-10 in MLB.
    Add in the unknown #5, that probably drops us.
    I'll disagree with that. He doesn't have the upside of an ace but in his 2007 rookie season Owings was still pretty good (8-8, 4.30 era, 109 era+, 146 hits & 106 k's in 152.2 ip, 1.284 whip). Injuries derailed his '08 season but now he's healthy again and Chone projects that he'll have similar stats this season. They also project him to be better than Davis in Arizona, Zito/Lowry in San Francisco, & Marshall/Samardijia in Chicago. He won't be "fantastic" but he'll likely be better than most teams have for a #5 starter.

Turn Off Ads?