Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NL Dynasty League- Year Two, Teams available!

Re: NL Dynasty League- Year Two, Teams available!

Sorry for missing my picks for so long folks. All my attention was on the other RZ Dynasty League while I was out of town and this draft slipped my thoughts. I was still able to fill my 2B hole with Fontenot though...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Correct. Unless they drop someone....
    A couple of thoughts as we enter round 5.

Shouldn't players dropped during the draft be FA immediately, rather than going through the waiver period. (It's not a big deal, since the players that are being dropped aren't very good)

Since it's a dynasty league, the draft order stay the same every round. This would help the bad teams get back to respectability. (Every little bit helps.)

Again, not a big deal. It's a free league. Here's to a good season.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Since it's a dynasty league, the draft order stay the same every round. This would help the bad teams get back to respectability. (Every little bit helps.)
    I think in a normal draft you would be right, but with such a shallow pool of players it is a HUGE advantage to get a higher pick...

Is the draft over? One team just made two drop/adds. I still have 6 empty slots. Is it a free for all now?

I don't know why Mario made two selections. He had already made his 4th and 5th round picks, so he hadn't been skipped or anything. He must have thought the draft was over since some people were passing their turns.

It is now the 6th round and it is "Reds Suck's" turn to pick with the 6.3 selection.

Draft is not over yet...Marios picks void.

While I have personally finished drafting for now, the draft is not over yet. So if you are still picking, please stay in order.

I will undo/void out Marios picks since it was not his turn. Pick 6.3 is on the clock for about 4 more hours, and that is 'Reds Suck'.

I will be passing all my turns now, including pick 6.4. Thanks to Baseclogger for posting that he is also passing. Appreciate it if others would post that they are done when they no longer intend to pick.

Once everyone is done picking, we will close the draft and let people freely drop/add.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

sorry thought the draft was over fellas. I didn't realize we still had people picking. I thought it was a 5 round draft

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    sorry thought the draft was over fellas. I didn't realize we still had people picking. I thought it was a 5 round draft

No worries...it was easy to fix.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    No worries...it was easy to fix.
    Got another fix for you. Accidentally picked up a player out of turn today. Sorry about that.

FYI - I still have four empty roster spots after this fix. Did I tell you that the roster I inherited was bad?

Maybe we need to list all of the teams that are done, and push up the draft time from 8 to 4 hours to get this over with? I doubt there's more than 3 or 4 teams left that need to pick.

Teams that have said they are done...for now...

1. NY Knights (picks 3rd )
    2. Gonads (picks 5th)
    3. Montana Reds (picks 7th)
    4. The Basecloggers (picks 10th)

'Efrat Invaders' and 'Reds Suck' haven't picked the last couple rounds, but have not said they are done.

Marios Pick 7.4 is now on the clock, since 7.3 is skipped.

I also changed the waiver order to correspond to the draft order...

Reds Suck made his 7.8 pick and I made my 7.9 pick.

I am thinking maybe this could be the last round? What do you guys think?

We could just open up the free agent list to allow everybody to swap out players as they wish from now on. There are only one or two teams that still need players.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Reds Suck made his 7.8 pick and I made my 7.9 pick.

I am thinking maybe this could be the last round? What do you guys think?

We could just open up the free agent list to allow everybody to swap out players as they wish from now on. There are only one or two teams that still need players.

This (7th round) will be the last round of the draft.

I have an idea to make things more fair to the new teams: Let's give them a one day head start on free agency. At 12 noon eastern time on Tuesday 3/24/09, all team owners new to this league may begin freely adding players. This would be Marios Theme Song, NY Knights, NJ Red Machine, and M$B.

Those of us that had a team in this league last year must wait until 12 noon eastern time on Wednesday 3/25/09 before we can freely add or drop players. This includes everyone else.

This will allow people who have a short roster due to last year's mismanagement a chance to fill up their rosters before the season starts.

Mike
    NL Commish

I noticed that I never posted the final 2009 standings:

Code:
    Rank	Team	        R	HR	RBI	SB	AVG	W	SV	K	ERA	WHIP	Total
    1	Basecloggers	4	10	9	3	8	9	5	9	10	6.5	73.5
    2	Montana Reds	8	6	5	4.5	5.5	7	10	10	7	9.5	72.5
    3	NJ Red Machine	9	8	8	9	9	6	8.5	5	1	1	64.5
    4	NY Knights	10	9	10	1	10	5	4	7	4	3	63
    5	Mario's Theme	5	4	4	4.5	5.5	10	2	8	8.5	9.5	61
    6	Efrat Invaders	3	3	2	10	1	4	6	6	8.5	6.5	50
    7	Reds Suck	7	7	6	6	2.5	2	7	2	5	5	49.5
    8	Atomic Dumpling	6	5	7	2	2.5	8	8.5	4	3	2	48
    9	GOnaDs    	2	1	3	8	7	3	3	3	2	4	36
    10	m$b        	1	2	1	7	4	1	1	1	6	8	32

Soon, I will send out an e-mail to 2009 managers to see who will be back in 2010....Pitchers and catchers report in 7 days, so the time is approaching.

Mike
    NL Commish

I'm in.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

we need players. The slow draft takes ages. Maybe some sort of deadline for returning managers?

Turn Off Ads?