Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2009 Redszone NFL Mock Draft:

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Official 2009 Redszone NFL Mock Draft:

Any thoughts on Grove at center? He's above average imo but has troubles staying on the field.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Eric Woods from Louisville should still be around then. And he'd be an excellent pick, IMO.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    With the 6th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select OL Eugene Monroe, Virginia.

I've been thinking about this pick for awhile now and decided to protect Carson Palmer. I picked Monroe over Jason Smith because Smith has knee concerns and is less polished than Monroe. I want someone who can step in right away to help fix the offensive line.
    Isn't Monroe also supposed to have a injury, one that he had been covering up or something? If not I like Monroe but any injury to a big man scares me off. If it were me I'd have thrown conventional wisdom out the window and drafted Muauluga.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Mario, I like Maualuga, but I think the Bengals are pretty happy with their LB's, so much in fact that they have gone out and re-signed Jeanty, Brandon Johnson, and Blackstock (to go along with Rivers and Jones).

The D finished 12th last year and the J-Crew (Jones, Jeanty, and Johnson) were all pretty solid taking care of things after Rivers went down. And with Rivers back next year, I bet they feel pretty good depth-wise with that group.

If anything, the D-Line may need an upgrade, but with money invested in Peko and Sims (DT) and Geathers and Odom (DE), I wouldn't think this will be a pressing need until late in day one or day two.

I think, right now, all signs are pointing to an OT in round one (Levi Jones is toast). Of course, you never know with the Bengals. If they don't get Benson or Ward in FA, they may just surprise us all and draft a RB.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Mario, I like Maualuga, but I think the Bengals are pretty happy with their LB's, so much in fact that they have gone out and re-signed Jeanty, Brandon Johnson, and Blackstock (to go along with Rivers and Jones).

The D finished 12th last year and the J-Crew (Jones, Jeanty, and Johnson) were all pretty solid taking care of things after Rivers went down. And with Rivers back next year, I bet they feel pretty good depth-wise with that group.

If anything, the D-Line may need an upgrade, but with money invested in Peko and Sims (DT) and Geathers and Odom (DE), I wouldn't think this will be a pressing need until late in day one or day two.

I think, right now, all signs are pointing to an OT in round one (Levi Jones is toast). Of course, you never know with the Bengals. If they don't get Benson or Ward in FA, they may just surprise us all and draft a RB.
    As much as I hate to admit I see this happening. My thoughts on it however are #1 I think Rey is one of the top 5 players in this draft and you just don't pass on guys who you feel that way about. #2 we have a few good LB's but virtually no depth behind Jones at MLB and with his age (31) it's time to fill that in for the future. Not only that but with 2 solid MLB's in the short term we could play some 3-4 packages. But to be honest I really don't see any way that the Bengals can get away from signing an OT unless Raji is ava.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

K just got home from work will pick shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

With the 7th pick of the NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select OT Jason Smith from Baylor. Offensive Line and D-Line are the two biggest problems with the Raiders right now and it came down to Jason Smith or Brian Orakpo from Texas. Considering the past two years picks have been on a QB and a RB we need someone to block and keep them from getting killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Jason Brown at 7 is a steal.

Well, if it was anyone but the Raiders.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    As much as I hate to admit I see this happening. My thoughts on it however are #1 I think Rey is one of the top 5 players in this draft and you just don't pass on guys who you feel that way about. #2 we have a few good LB's but virtually no depth behind Jones at MLB and with his age (31) it's time to fill that in for the future. Not only that but with 2 solid MLB's in the short term we could play some 3-4 packages. But to be honest I really don't see any way that the Bengals can get away from signing an OT unless Raji is ava.
    If the Bengals select Rey, they had better trade down about 5-10 slots and pick up some extra draft picks in the process, because it would not be worth taking him at 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I might be throwing the first curveball of the draft. The Jags have lots of needs and I was strongly considering the Baylor and Virginia guards. But with them off the table, the Jags take a gamble and try to find their future franchise QB.

The Jags select Mark Sanchez, QB, USC.

The Jags just signed David Garrard to a long term deal after only 1 productive season, and with a year left on his contract. He then became a very average QB. That was under the Shaq Harris/Jack Del Rio personnel regime.

But personnel decisions now rest with Gene Smith, and he will seize the opportunity to grab a franchise QB, especially one with major charisma for a franchise that needs a star.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

With the ninth pick in the draft, Green Bay selects DE-LB Everette Brown of Florida State. The Pack is switching to a 3-4 defense, and we believe Brown can be their James Harrison. Orakpo was tempting, but Brown had an excellent combine and is considered the best pure pass rusher in the draft by many.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I like the Sanchez pick. It makes sense for the Jags to sign someone since I don't see Garrard being a QB to lead Jacksonville anywhere worthwhile.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I figured I threw the first curveball by taking Crabtree.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I figured I threw the first curveball by taking Crabtree.
    Sorry, did not mean to deny you "first curveball" rights....
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Updated.

1. Detroit (0-16) -- *Baseclogger* - - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
    2. St. Louis (2-14) -- LoganBuck - - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    3. Kansas City (2-14) -- WVRed - - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    4. Seattle (4-12) -- cincrazy - - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
    5. Cleveland (4-12) -- BuckeyeRedleg - - Malcolm Jenkins, CB/S, Ohio State
    6. Cincinnati (4-11-1) -- Redhook - - Eugene Monroe, T, UVA
    7. Oakland (5-11) -- Slyder -- Jason Smith, T, Baylor
    8. Jacksonville (5-11) -- JaxRed --- Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern Cal
    9. Green Bay (6-10) -- chicoruiz --- Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
    10. San Francisco (7-9) -- camisadelgolf