Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Valaika attends RCDP

Valaika attends RCDP

Valaika was one of the Reds prospect picked to attend the Rookie Career Development Program.
    Here a video link.http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200901293781468
    Last edited by Redman15; 01-30-2009 at 03:49 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Valaika attends RCDP

Quote Originally Posted by Redman15 View Post
    Valaika was the Reds prospect picked to attend the Rookie Career Development Program.
    Here a video link.http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200901293781468
    They actually sent more than just Valaika. He is just the guy that was chosen by mlb or milb.com to do the video.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    They actually sent more than just Valaika. He is just the guy that was chosen by mlb or milb.com to do the video.
    Do you recall who the Reds chose last year? I remember Janish and Bruce being two of them, but I can't think of the third guy.

Seems like a nice kid. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in ST.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I live in Santa Monica, and rent my house. It is managed by a real estate agency. I noticed that the manager of my house last name is Valaika, so I went to his office and asked if he was related to Chris, and he said that Chris is his son.

So my house is managed by Chris' dad, and he's a great guy. He was beaming when talking about his son, and seemed surprised that people outside his family knew about Chris. He also did not seem to be aware of how well thought of his son was. He talked about how many guys were ahead of Chris on the depth chart.

He promised that if Chris makes the majors and the Reds play the Dodgers, he'd get me tickets and a chance to meet him, so I'm hoping he gets called up this year in time for the Dodger series. I'll try to keep in touch with him, and report back if I get a chance to talk to him again, although it probably will only be when something breaks down.

That's cool, 44. You should introduce him to Redszone.

-- The one and only --

Roque & Mark real estate agency, I presume. Jeff and I have known each other for quite some time, and I grew up with his wife, Chris' mom, Ilona. Great folks!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliKarpas View Post
    Roque & Mark real estate agency, I presume. Jeff and I have known each other for quite some time, and I grew up with his wife, Chris' mom, Ilona. Great folks!
    Yep, good call. I'll tell him about you and Redszone the next time I speak to him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    I live in Santa Monica, and rent my house. It is managed by a real estate agency. I noticed that the manager of my house last name is Valaika, so I went to his office and asked if he was related to Chris, and he said that Chris is his son.

So my house is managed by Chris' dad, and he's a great guy. He was beaming when talking about his son, and seemed surprised that people outside his family knew about Chris. He also did not seem to be aware of how well thought of his son was. He talked about how many guys were ahead of Chris on the depth chart.

He promised that if Chris makes the majors and the Reds play the Dodgers, he'd get me tickets and a chance to meet him, so I'm hoping he gets called up this year in time for the Dodger series. I'll try to keep in touch with him, and report back if I get a chance to talk to him again, although it probably will only be when something breaks down.
    Last spring training my Bro-in-law (Lockdwn11) and myself went to Sarasota for a game. While I was watching the game Lockdwn and his son went around to the back fields and saw many players including Harang and Chris. For whatever reason my nephew was too intimidated to holler for Harang but did yell for Chris to come over and he got an autograph from Chris. Chris was genuinely surprised that anyone knew him also. Fortunately my nephew is a kid brought up on info from RZ so he as well as the rest of us know him all too well. Ok so Lockdwn11 told him to yell Chris but anyhow, Chris was great and like I said quite humble.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Last spring training my Bro-in-law (Lockdwn11) and myself went to Sarasota for a game. While I was watching the game Lockdwn and his son went around to the back fields and saw many players including Harang and Chris. For whatever reason my nephew was too intimidated to holler for Harang but did yell for Chris to come over and he got an autograph from Chris. Chris was genuinely surprised that anyone knew him also. Fortunately my nephew is a kid brought up on info from RZ so he as well as the rest of us know him all too well. Ok so Lockdwn11 told him to yell Chris but anyhow, Chris was great and like I said quite humble.

This is great we can all look back at this before he becomes an ego driven MLB player
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?