Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advice for a reset keeper league (interesting, but long)

Advice for a reset keeper league (interesting, but long)

7X7 Yahoo Roto League (H: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, RUNS, OPS, 2B) (P: W, L , SV, K, ERA, Whips, Holds)

After 3 straight years of me in the top 2 the league and the commish decided to do a reset. They decided to do it like this, we choose 2 keepers from our old team then we add both players Yahoo Preseason Rank together. That overall number will determine where we will draft.
    For example: Hanly #1 and Arod #2 = 3. This person would draft dead last.

My keeper choices are:
    BJ Upton 14
    Quentin 23
    Ortiz 33
    Kemp 37
    Youkilis 40
    Martin 41
    Liriano 70
    Billingsley 73

I've looked at other teams keepers and figured out what my 2 highest rated players (Upton and Quentin = 37)would put me in the draft.

This would put me drafting in 7th place out of 10 teams. Now if this number was higher than 60 I could move up too 4th place. Which would assure me a player of Reyes, Pujols, Arod or Sizemore. Hanley, Wright, Braun, Cabrera and Hamilton are already gone. Right now a player that I could net around 7th place is Linecum, Rollins, Tex, Crawford, Berkman or Beltran.

Question: Who do I keep and why?
    Last edited by Redsnake; 03-01-2009 at 11:13 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Advice for a reset keeper league (interesting, but long)

I would keep your best two player without worrying about the draft slot.

Upton and Kemp would be my two keepers if I were you.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I would keep Upton and Martin. Quentin and Kemp are both good, but I think position scarcity puts Martin ahead of them.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I think I'd go with Kemp and Youkilis and take the higher draft pick. Those 2 guys would give you very good balance as a starting point plus a nice player in the draft
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    I think I'd go with Kemp and Youkilis and take the higher draft pick. Those 2 guys would give you very good balance as a starting point plus a nice player in the draft
    I never understood the love fest with BJ Upton. Kemp gives you all 5 stats at a decent clip, and Youkilis is turning into a fine machine for 4 stats as well. You can make a good argument for Martin.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?