Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrested Development - the Movie!

Re: Arrested Development - the Movie!

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I get all that...but I still want it.

I want to see it too if it happens. But the writer has a point. A lot of the more beloved shows, like AD, Star Trek and Firefly were perhaps cancelled too soon. But the cancellation and the way the network(s) messed around with the show(s) gives the fans some kind of bond. It's them against those bastards at the network who cancelled their favorite show.

However in some cases it's better to get cancelled too soon rather than too late. For several reasons, some shows that start off well and are great for a few years tend to drop on quality. Writers/actors/producers leave for greener pastures or ask for more money that the network(s) won't give them. They become attached to catch phrases or storylines that were great 4-5 years ago but now are hackneyed. I think The Office is a prime example of that. While still funny at times it lacks the excellence of the first few seasons. Yet NBC wouldn't dare cancel it since it still gets good ratings and it sells a lot of merchandise.

Sometimes it's enough to say a show was great while it lasted and never "jumped the shark" (loved Henry Winkler literally jumping a shark in AD) because you don't want it to come back at a lower quality than it was when it originally aired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Chip why are trying to destroy this for me? This is a no logic (its like rock paper scissors..."not a lot of logic to it"), no negative thought thread. It's gonna be as awesome as it used to be and that's final.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I think Chip needs some Team-o-sil...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Okay, I'm in. I didn't watch the show when it was on--I tried a couple of times but couldn't figure out who these people were or why they were acting like that. Got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and decided to take advantage of the Prime streaming videos and watch the first few episodes. I finished off the series last night. I found myself laughing out loud more than I have in recent memory, sometimes not able to catch my breath.

How in the world could Fox let something like this die. Can't wait for the new episodes, even if they don't completely measure up. A seven-year gap can be hard to overcome, but this should still be funnier than just about anything else on (about the only shows I'm finding funny these days are Community and Parks & Rec.)

btw, I guessed wrong. I had figured that Michael was adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    How in the world could Fox let something like this die.
    Because of people like you and me who unfortunately waited until the show was over before watching it on DVD/Netflix.

We only have ourselves to blame, my friend.

Watch out for bridges and hop ons....you're gonna get some hop ons.

They start filming new episodes in 4 weeks.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

lol i gotta check out this show

Awesome.

Can't wait!

Barry Zuckerkorn: So basically you're about 2,000 shares short of being the majority stock holders. Now unfortunately it's a private stock so you can not just buy up the shares unless someone is willing to sell
    Michael: Are you sure?
    Barry Zuckerkorn: That's what it said on 'Ask Jeeves'

Mae 'Maebe' Funke: Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold T-shaped pendants?
    Michael: That's a cross.
    Mae 'Maebe' Funke: Across from where?
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-17-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?