Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds ask Obama to pitch

Reds ask Obama to pitch

SARASOTA, Fla. – The Cincinnati Reds have invited President Obama to throw out the first pitch in the Civil Rights Game, which will be held at Great American Ball Park on June 20.

The Reds are playing the Chicago White Sox, Obama’s favorite team, in the game.

“We sent a letter signed by (Commissioner) Bud Selig and myself,” Reds CEO Bob Castellini said. “We’re hopeful. We haven’t heard yet.”

Reds manager Dusty Baker knows Obama personally, campaigned on his behalf and attended the inauguration.

The Civil Rights Game has been played since 2007. It was previously an exhibition game played in Memphis.

The Reds bid and won the right to host the game in 2009 and 2010.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...303040038/1071

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds ask Obama to pitch

I'm just guessing but I'd say he'd throw hard to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    I'm just guessing but I'd say he'd throw hard to the left.
    lol nice.

Get your laughers ready. He throws like a chick. Or maybe it's just a change-up we can believe in.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I think the reds are just hoping he will send some taxpayer "bailout" money there way.

That is one of the two possible games we will be going to for my bachelor party. While I don't agree with his politics, it would be cool to be there for him to throw out the first pitch.

As long as he aims a little to the right of Mallory.
    Keep it between the dugouts.

He better not wear a Sox hat...

Turn Off Ads?