Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arod To miss 10 weeks

Arod To miss 10 weeks

Per espn no link yet Arod is having surgery to remove a cyst on his hip. His brother said it will take 10 weeks to heal.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 03-05-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Error

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arod To miss the season

Im pretty sure its 10 weeks

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Arod To miss 10 weeks

He could always ask his cousin to inject him with "not Tic-Tacs" to try to return earlier.

Infected injection sight, lol.
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Poor Yankees....NOT!
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I wonder if this and the torn labrum in his hip is a fake injury generated by his agent to get A-Rod off the field and out of the headlines. There is a more in depth book coming out soon about A-Rod.

Just herd on ESPN that A Rod will not have surgery and shouldn't miss much time

Article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3954457

There's some interesting video clips, especially the "A-rod Delaying Labrum Surgery" one, which has a medical perspective of what the injury actually is and what could happen if they go with surgery.

Sounds like if they go for the surgery, he could be out for more than the 10 weeks, maybe 4 to 6 months. Chase Utley is mentioned who is currently rehabbing a labrum-tear surgery since November - They hope he'll be ready for opening day.

I can understand why he might try to avoid the knife, if possible. The Yankees would like that too - the "leading internal candidate" for 3B - Cody Ransom
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

ESPN is getting pretty old right now with the A-Rod/Manny/T.O Network.

To me this sounds all too similar to the Bonds "injury" when he was about to get suspended for using PED's. The injury lasted almost exactly as long ad what a proper suspension would. What a coincidence.

This news comes immediately after A-Rod meet with league officials. Again, what a coincidence.

Also, a cyst on the hip is a common side effect of using steroids. Just saying.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

MLB could not suspend, or even fine, ARod for his steroids admission.
    1) It wasn't against baseball rules in the time he admits using them. 2) The testing were agreed upon with the stipulation they would be anonymous and non-punitive. 3) The Players Union would never allow 1 player to be punished for the testing retroactively.
    He is hurt. Let's not start uninformed and unfounded conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    MLB could not suspend, or even fine, ARod for his steroids admission.
    1) It wasn't against baseball rules in the time he admits using them. 2) The testing were agreed upon with the stipulation they would be anonymous and non-punitive. 3) The Players Union would never allow 1 player to be punished for the testing retroactively.
    He is hurt. Let's not start uninformed and unfounded conspiracy theories.
    Technically they could suspend him. What he did was definitely against the rules. There has been a general no performance enhancing drug or anything else rule for decades (no cheating). There also has been a morals clause. Baseball can suspend whoever they want, using the "best interests of Baseball" rule.

But you hit the nail on the head. The union would never let it happen. It also would be a PR nightmare.

I am not saying that A-Rod is not injured, just as Bond's was actually injured a few years ago. I am just saying that it give MLB a great excuse to have A-Rod take some time off without officially suspending him.

What is curious is that this injury is something that most players play through. Mike Lowell did it last year, although he had to take some time off near the end of the season and was not able to play in the playoffs.

He has to ask himself if he REALLY should be playing with this, because playing when you are banged up is one thing, but if you are really hurting............then if you ask me, it's selfish to continue to play. Jeter suffered that injury last year and insisted on playing through it. His production dropped, and it hurt the team.

Turn Off Ads?