Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The bullpen thread

The bullpen thread

It's wayyy early to start this. But here goes...

If Homer forces Dusty to put him in the rotation, that pushes Owings to the pen as long relief. Suppose Masset pitches well. What do you do?

Cordero
    Burton
    Weathers
    Rhodes
    Lincoln
    Masset
    Owings

Will Bray stay in Florida again to get fully healthy?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The bullpen thread

I know it is only ST but it seems FC is getting hit hard about every time out. Hope he picks up when he does it for real.

I'm very worried about Cordero. His whip was high last year and if I recall he got roughed up several times the second half of the year.

I don't see Masset and Owings both in the pen since they are both righties.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    I'm very worried about Cordero. His whip was high last year and if I recall he got roughed up several times the second half of the year.
    They are blaming that on his ankle:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Apparently, he's still rehabbing the repaired ankle and is not worried about it, yet.

The fact that they put out this article, IMO, shows that they are concerned.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    I definitely see what you are saying here, there were a couple of outings there that he got rocked. It is possible that he is the kind of person that thrives on pressure, which I'm sure he had. However, the pressure of a team that is not likely to make it to the playoffs is very different from the pressure a closer would be under on a team in the race. Either that or he really is injured. I hope to see better things from him this year!
    Last edited by Root Down; 03-06-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Cordero is the one pitcher that I am not worried about. He has shown in the past couple years that he can handle the pressure.

Maybe Owings and Bailey will do so well, that the Reds will feel comfortable putting both of them in the rotation. Thus giving us the ability to trade Arroyo for a quality SS. Maybe to Cleveland for Jhonny Paralta as Cleveland doesn't really have a solid fifth starter.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Turn Off Ads?