Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Corey Patterson and the Washington Nationals on MLB Network today - March 6, 2009 1pm

Corey Patterson and the Washington Nationals on MLB Network today - March 6, 2009 1pm

Corey Patterson is in Center Field today for the Nationals.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 03-06-2009 at 01:14 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cory Patterson and the Washington Nationals on MLB Network today - March 6, 2009

Just when things seem to have hit rock bottom for the Nats (last year's record + Bowden issues), things get worse. Corey Patterson is starting in CF. National fans better hope he is not there come OD.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Re: Cory Patterson and the Washington Nationals on MLB Network today - March 6, 2009

Dunn must be rolling his eyes as he looks on the lineup sheet today. He probably jumped for joy when he got away from Patterson, and now they are teammates again.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Re: Corey Patterson and the Washington Nationals on MLB Network today - March 6, 2009

Washington is quickly building an entire 25-man lineup of Reds castoffs. How sad is that?

Rusty the Red

Re: Corey Patterson and the Washington Nationals on MLB Network today - March 6, 2009

I wish Patterson well.

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    Corey Patterson is in Center Field today for the Nationals.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

This is the year that Corey Patterson has his breakout season.

Corey had a good Spring Training for us last year and many fans were excited and hopeful. To me, this sums up Spring Training.

http://www.jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    Dunn must be rolling his eyes as he looks on the lineup sheet today. He probably jumped for joy when he got away from Patterson, and now they are teammates again.
    I think Corey Patterson was rolling his eyes, he signed before Adam Dunn, and Patterson will now have to cover much more ground than the average center fielder lol

I was not one of those excited people. CP was a decent pickup as a backup mainly for defense (except $3 million was absurd). Unfortunately Dusty was not aware of this. Poor Nats. Poor poor Nats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Corey had a good Spring Training for us last year and many fans were excited and hopeful. To me, this sums up Spring Training.

http://www.jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Exactly. I would imagine most of the pitchers are just pitching, throwing their stuff and not exactly pitching based on scouting reports and tendencies. I could be wrong but it seems all the prep that goes into a regular season start would not go into a spring start. You don't even know who will be on the field for the other team so how do you prepare?

Turn Off Ads?