Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Former WEBN DJ jock passes away

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Former WEBN DJ jock passes away

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Zoinks!

Re: Former WEBN DJ jock passes away

You could go through the entire FM dial and back to WEBN again at 3:00 Am and not miss his next sentence. Laid back cool was Ty. What a shame.

Ty was famous for the long lingering spaces, I had a tape of him from 1981 that I took west with me to listen to on the road, we had it for years. RIP Ty.

From the original WEBN lineup, which changed my perception of music. I used to listen to him in bed when I was supposed to be sleeping. RIP, Ty. I wonder if you ever knew how much you and Michael Luzak and Frank Jr's original Jelly Pudding Show meant to those of us whom you released from the grips of WSAI.

Man, the decline of that radio station is one of the saddest things about post 1970s Cincinnati.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Man, the decline of that radio station is one of the saddest things about post 1970s Cincinnati.
    i know nothing about its hey day, i've only been in the Cincinnati area for 6 years now. but i have greatly noticed the decline in that short period. Damnation Alley is the only thing i like about the station anymore...i haven't had it programed into my radio favorites since 2006.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    You could go through the entire FM dial and back to WEBN again at 3:00 Am and not miss his next sentence. Laid back cool was Ty. What a shame.
    LOL. Must be why I don't know who he is.

Sorry about his passing though.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Could say the same thing about WLW...

(sorry Matt, nothing personal)
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    i know nothing about its hey day,
    I remember stumbling upon it when I was maybe 9 or 10 and thinking, "Man, this is different." The station didn't have an annoying jingle, the disc jockeys didn't have the typical radio personalities and the whole operation just seemed like it had a higher IQ than what was going on with other stations. This may be cliche sounding, but I was convinced these people were playing music they really liked rather than music that was topping the charts.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I was convinced these people were playing music they really liked rather than music that was topping the charts.
    What else would explain Jay's obsession and ability to play Peter Gabriel era Genesis nightly?

Turn Off Ads?