Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Minor League FAQ Thread Needed

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

New Minor League FAQ Thread Needed

Here is a link to the previous Minor League FAQ Thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59233

As JaxRed has noted, there is some stuff in there which needs updating. Use this thread to make any revisions. When a final version is ready, it'll be posted and stuck to the top of the forum in place of this thread.

I'd also encourage some of the regular MLT contributors to add anything else they feel would be helpful to people in following Reds (and other teams') prospects.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: New Minor League FAQ Thread Needed

First would be that the Carolina Mudcats are now the Reds AA Affiliate, still in the Southern League.

Since they changed there will need to be a new newspaper link for them, but which ones do a decent job of it is still unknown as they haven't played a game yet.

Mudcats Official Website - www.GoMudcats.com (also their Milb.com page).

That seems to be a good start.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I looked at the Washington DC. Examiner but didn't think much of their Mudcats coverage.

This link http://www.oursportscentral.com/spor...play=&t_id=352 provides nice coverage.

With the Seattle Post Intelligencer going belly up this week, I wonder why the newspapers aren't charging a subscription fee online to view their valuable copy instead of just going out of business after it's too late? Locally when we lost the Cincinnati Post in December, 2007, I believe it was, right there I knew the writing was on the wall for newspapers that put there stories online. Advertising links didn't pay the bills for them the way they hoped. Very sad and unfortunate.

Think about it, the internet is such an amazing thing to have and use but it has directly been the reason for the print media problems as well as land based retail stores.Ordering it on the interenet is usually a good idea for us consumers but local stores with their overhead can't compete. Whoever thought to put their moneymaking product on the internet for free was nuts.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    I looked at the Washington DC. Examiner but didn't think much of their Mudcats coverage.

This link http://www.oursportscentral.com/spor...play=&t_id=352 provides nice coverage.

With the Seattle Post Intelligencer going belly up this week, I wonder why the newspapers aren't charging a subscription fee online to view their valuable copy instead of just going out of business after it's too late? Locally when we lost the Cincinnati Post in December, 2007, I believe it was, right there I knew the writing was on the wall for newspapers that put there stories online. Advertising links didn't pay the bills for them the way they hoped. Very sad and unfortunate.

Think about it, the internet is such an amazing thing to have and use but it has directly been the reason for the print media problems as well as land based retail stores.Ordering it on the interenet is usually a good idea for us consumers but local stores with their overhead can't compete. Whoever thought to put their moneymaking product on the internet for free was nuts.
    Its not the internets fault that newspapers go belly up. Its the inability of the newspaper to adapt to the current market place for the most part.

Stores do have a problem competing at times.... but they always offer something the internet doesn't. I can have my product today if I get it at the store. I can also go test it out at the store before I buy it.

Here's a link for some newspaper coverage for the Mudcats:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/baseball/mudcats/
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

http://www.theherald-nc.com/sports/

Another website for Mudcats news.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?