Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds need to lock Votto up NOW!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reds need to lock Votto up NOW!

If you just saw his bomb in the WBC against Peavy, you would agree. He is going to be an absolute stud, and I feel an even bigger year this year out of him, .900 OPS 30 HR's 100+RBI's. It is time to lock him up before he gets crazy expensive

Re: Reds need to lock Votto up NOW!

Is it un-American to root for Canada? I am having a tough time cheering for Jeter and Pedrioa over Votto. That homerun got me all giddy.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    Is it un-American to root for Canada? I am having a tough time cheering for Jeter and Pedrioa over Votto. That homerun got me all giddy.
    I've had that same problem, I like a lot of players on the Dominican team.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I've had that same problem, I like a lot of players on the Dominican team.
    Me to.That guy they have playing CF and leading off is great.

Hold on locking Votto up just yet. He won't be arb' eligible, and if he is as he is looking to me, (the 2nd coming of Will Clark), he'd be foolish to sign a long term deal just yet. On another thought, has anyone seen anything about how he feels about moving to the OF when/if Alonso is ready?

Because of his notorious slow starts and his power numbers I thought he would be a Sean Casey type (nothing wrong with that) but after his early spring hitting and today I have a feeling we have a bonafide Superstar in waiting. I was very skeptical about our offense, but I am starting to look forward to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    Pedroia might be one of my favorite players to watch in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Pedroia might be one of my favorite players to watch in baseball.
    I couldn't agree more, if only for his attitude. The guys seems honestly pissed if he doesn't go 4 for 5 with 3 RBIs and a jack.

Did anyone else laugh their butt off when Jimmy Rollins was giving that interview and Dunn bombed one? The atmosphere in that dugout looks incredible. I think the U.S. may actually win this thing.

Too bad our uniforms are so crappy, though.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Early in the off season Votto,Phillips,Bruce and EE didn't sound too great for the middle of the line up but as opening day nears its sounding better and better.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    If you just saw his bomb in the WBC against Peavy, you would agree. He is going to be an absolute stud, and I feel an even bigger year this year out of him, .900 OPS 30 HR's 100+RBI's. It is time to lock him up before he gets crazy expensive
    Absolutely not. The benefit of having young players is that they are inexpensive. Joey still has two years before arbitration I believe. There is plenty of time to get a deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Absolutely not. The benefit of having young players is that they are inexpensive. Joey still has two years before arbitration I believe. There is plenty of time to get a deal done.
    Exactly, let's use that extra money to possibly get a "Rent-A-Center" type player at the trading deadline to get us over the hump and compete for a playoff spot.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I dont think he's an absolute stud..... IE Pujols, Fielder, Howard, etc.

I think his upside is slightly, ever so slightly above what Sean Casey did in 1999
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I dont think he's an absolute stud..... IE Pujols, Fielder, Howard, etc.

I think his upside is slightly, ever so slightly above what Sean Casey did in 1999
    Not that OPS+ is everything, but in his rookie year Votto (124) was only 4 points behind Fielder (128). And Adam Dunn had a 129 to Howard's 124. Fielder and Howard both had off OPS+ years considering what they're capable of though. I just think it's interesting.

I think Votto's upside will be above what Helton did away from Coors (.294/.394/.494). I think his best years will be more than slightly what Casey did in 99, but either way, it's pretty awesome to think about.

Pujols is astronomical...in his own league.

http://www.jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

I think we need to lock Votto, Bruce, Cueto, and Volquez to have a team to compete for years to come

I love his commercial for the video game, where he goes I am sorry I was polishing my MVP Trophy, lol, priceless
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Turn Off Ads?