Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Respect" in the World Baseball Classic

"Respect" in the World Baseball Classic

I really, really, really hate seeing Jimmy Rollins taken out for Derek Jeter. Rollins had been all over the place making plays that Jeter could never hope to convert and he was gangbusters at the plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Respect" in the World Baseball Classic

Jeter was the team's best hitter yesterday next to Dunn. Really nothing to complain about.

Meanwhile, we're up 6-3.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Jeter was the team's best hitter yesterday next to Dunn. Really nothing to complain about.

Meanwhile, we're up 6-3.
    I agreed with Sutt that they should've DHed Jeter today, but taking out your most important defensive player is lunacy, sorry.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Granderson is the teams best defensive player, but I agree with your point.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Granderson is the teams best defensive player, but I agree with your point.
    Notice I changed it from "best" to "most important." Agree that Curtis is better, but I think SS is slightly more important. JMO.

I love seeing a lineup full of patient hitters who force the pitcher to come to them eventually. Not many hackers in this lineup. Beautiful.

Hernandez looks like a statue behind the plate. My guess is that Hanigan will be the better player.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Hernandez looks like a statue behind the plate. My guess is that Hanigan will be the better player.
    Hopefully he can hit like crazy this year. Get a nice GABP boost.

Hell of an AB for Youklis.

I dont see that. The Venezuelan pitchers are everywhere, mostly opposite of where Ramon is setting up. I think he is doing a good job.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

It is definitely nice to hear announcers describe plate discipline as a positive thing.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I love seeing a lineup full of patient hitters who force the pitcher to come to them eventually. Not many hackers in this lineup. Beautiful.
    Yup, the USA lineup did exactly what they needed to do. Be patient, take pitches, take walks, get on base, and drive up the pitch counts of the better pitchers in order to get into the middle bullpen arms where they can do some serious damage.

Honestly, if the USA pitchers can get to regular season form - Peavy and Oswalt clearly are not there yet - then they'll be tough to beat.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    the anti-Reds
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Yup, the USA lineup did exactly what they needed to do. Be patient, take pitches, take walks, get on base, and drive up the pitch counts of the better pitchers in order to get into the middle bullpen arms where they can do some serious damage.

Honestly, if the USA pitchers can get to regular season form - Peavy and Oswalt clearly are not there yet - then they'll be tough to beat.
    Do you think they tried to get Lincecum for their team?

the anti-Reds

Turn Off Ads?