Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ramon's play in the WBC

Ramon's play in the WBC

I saw him make a great throw to pick off Jimmy Rollins from 2nd base today. However, his defense in blocking the plate just a moment ago was awful. I have a feeling we'll be seeing these ups-and-downs defensively from him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ramon's play in the WBC

If he can actually catch a throw and hang on to it that will be a huge improvement.

^ No kidding Danny, I worry about him being behind the plate for us this season-IMO he is our weakest link this year. I do hope to eat crow on it, I am sure he has the ability in there somewhere....

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I wonder how much it would've taken to land Pudge Rodriguez? Or even if it's too late.

Meanwhile Hanigan is hitting like J. Bench in ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I wonder how much it would've taken to land Pudge Rodriguez? Or even if it's too late.
    Or necessary. Ramon can hold down the fort until Hanigan is ready. The kid looks sharp.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    Or necessary. Ramon can hold down the fort until Hanigan is ready. The kid looks sharp.
    Re-read my post. "Would've"= would have, indicates past tense. If the Reds could have signed Pudge for the $$ given to Hernandez, I think they would do that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Re-read my post. "Would've"= would have, indicates past tense. If the Reds could have signed Pudge for the $$ given to Hernandez, I think they would do that deal.
    It still might be tough to even get him for that. IIRC we basically had to pay an extra 1 million for Ramon Hernandez, at the time we couldn't have gotten Pudge for 1 million or around there, but now I feel like we can, and wouldn't be opposed to going after him.

Also, what was Pudge's defense like last year, I haven't followed him much lately?

The reason why I-Rod (Pudge is Fisk and always will be for me) is not signed is that he wants a starting job and a starting salary. I think if he would sign for $1M, than it would have to be for a contender or for a team he really wants to play for, like the Marlins.

The big rap he has right now on defense is that he only calls fastballs with runners on base, so he can keep his caught stealing % high. That was from both Detroit and NY last year.

Turn Off Ads?