Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 1 player needed to a Fantasy Baseball Roto 5X5 league...

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

1 player needed to a Fantasy Baseball Roto 5X5 league...

Looking for 1 player to fill out our 12 team league at Yahoo. The player we're looking for should be experienced in 5X5 play, willing to participate in the league on an almost daily basis (daily if possible) and willing to stay with the league for the entire season.

Our league will draft on Saturday, March 28th at 5:50PM ET. at Yahoo.

We have a great membership of well-known Redszone players and some of them have been league champions at one time or another, we have at least 3 players that have been a commissioner previously a league that wants to stay together and form a 3 keeper player over 3 years league before re-drafting all players.

If you are interested please indicate so here on this thread. All interested Redszoners will be considered.
    Above all we want to have fun! Our league also enjoys having our own website! The final member will also become a charter member on our website! We play in a free league.

Thank You For Your Interest!
    Jerry / Vada Pinson Fan
    League Commissioner
    PS- I'm looking to fill this opening rather quickly. Possibly by Thursday the 12th of March if we get the player we hope signs up. Possibly sooner.
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 03-09-2009 at 09:54 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 1 player needed in a Fantasy Baseball Roto 5X5 league...

Please post your replies here and not to my PM box b/c it is almost full.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Re: 1 player needed to a Fantasy Baseball Roto 5X5 league...

I may be interested in this as my 4th, and final, team if I fit what you want. Will it be MLB universe, AL only, or NL only? Also are you stuck on it being 3 keepers? Any chance it may be 5? Just curious.

I would sign up and play if you can't find someone to fill the slot. I haven't signed up to play anywhere yet.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I may be interested in this as my 4th, and final, team if I fit what you want. Will it be MLB universe, AL only, or NL only? Also are you stuck on it being 3 keepers? Any chance it may be 5? Just curious.
    It will be MLB universe. We are not adamant about 3 keepers.

If this is to be your 4th team how would you be able to dedicate enough time to us especially if your team isn't doing well?
    Would you be able to participate in the live draft on March 28th at 5:50pm? The statement to KoryMac5 applies to you as well, redsfandan.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I would sign up and play if you can't find someone to fill the slot. I haven't signed up to play anywhere yet.
    Kory, have you played Roto 5X5 before? We are looking for someone that would promise to play on a daily basis which means making lineup changes, checking on trade offers and making them and being pro-active in our league, etc. Can you do this? The statement to redsfandan applies to you as well, KoryMac5.

Waiting for your replies.
    Thank You,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    It will be MLB universe. We are not adamant about 3 keepers.

If this is to be your 4th team how would you be able to dedicate enough time to us especially if your team isn't doing well?
    Would you be able to participate in the live draft on March 28th at 5:50pm? The statement to KoryMac5 applies to you as well, redsfandan.
    Over a 2 year time period ('06-'07) I had 30+ fantasy baseball teams and I didn't quit one team before the last week of the season. Even on teams that were in the cellar mid-season I wouldn't quit. Instead I'd just try to finish at least in the top 3. Last year I scaled down (for obvious reasons ) to only 4 teams and that's what I want as a max this season too.
    And yes I can make a draft on 3/28 at 5:50.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Over a 2 year time period ('06-'07) I had 30+ fantasy baseball teams and I didn't quit one team before the last week of the season. Even on teams that were in the cellar mid-season I wouldn't quit. Instead I'd just try to finish at least in the top 3. Last year I scaled down (for obvious reasons ) to only 4 teams and that's what I want as a max this season too.
    And yes I can make a draft on 3/28 at 5:50.
    Thank You, Dan.

We will have a final decision by Thursday the 12th, right around 6pm EDT.

If you have any additional fantasy baseball facts about yourself please let us know, Dan.

Thanks Again,
    Jerry

If you are reading this now...C'mon GET INVOLVED!!! We have a great bunch of guys (all but one are Redszoners) and we need more interested people to tell us a bit about why you would like to join us.

We are looking for a player that can be pro-active from now til the end of the season.

If you would like to contact me at my email address MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR REDSZONE NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE. All others will be unopened and deleted. Also feel free to post here, of course. The league will get your post either way.

Contact me (Jerry) at onekingpoobah@yahoo.com No PM's please. (Almost full)

Thanks and The Best of Luck To You!!!
    Jerry
    Vada Pinson Fan

I usually average about 4 leagues a year. Last year was probably the first year that I really got into it though. I was in a league last year with Jerry and a bunch of other guys on here. I got second in that league (I lost first place in the last day or two). I can't say for sure that I could make the scheduled draft date. Saturday evenings would be tough to do for me, so if that is still flexible. I have two other leagues right now, both dynasty, one is a money league. Jerry can vouch for my participation.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

The voting for our league is now over and the winning person has been contacted by Personal Message (PM) here at Redszone.

Thanks to each of you that contacted me, either here, through emails and PM's. We appreciated your interest and will retain your names for 2010 if there are any future openings.

Mod's. Please close this thread and remove it if you prefer.
    Thanks To All!!!
    Vada Pinson Fan

Turn Off Ads?