Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alonso sent down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Alonso sent down

The Reds have assigned Yonder Alonso to AA Carolina.

Re: Alonso sent down

With Votto back now that Canada is gone that sounds about right. He wouldn't get ab's now

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    With Votto back now that Canada is gone that sounds about right. He wouldn't get ab's now
    I wish he could still soak up ab's from Barker, and Jaque Jones somehow...also was this a group of moves that included Alonso, or just Alonso?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I wish he could still soak up ab's from Barker, and Jaque Jones somehow...also was this a group of moves that included Alonso, or just Alonso?
    From Fay:
    First cuts: Yonder Alonso optioned to Double-A Charlotte. Humberto Cota, Chris Denove, Todd Frazier, Devin Mesoraco, Drew Stubbs, Chris Valaika re-assigned to minor league camp.

Does he have any lateral quickness? He's our left fielder of the future.

http://www.jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

sad to see while guys like Ward get to compile/waste at bats
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    sad to see while guys like Ward get to compile/waste at bats
    I know what you mean but we do need some vets on this team.Ward will likely make the team but spend a lot of time on the bench.I don't think we want to do that to any of the young guys that we just sent down.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

There goes the thought of Valaika winning the SS job out of camp.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    That was never a real possibility.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    That was never a real possibility.
    I never said it was. I had seen some posters in ORG pulling for this possibility due to the lack of any legitimate SSs on the major league level. I just hope Gonzalez can turn the clock back to the first half of the 2007 season or Keppinger can get back to hitting .300

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Agon getting out on the field and getting some guys back from the WBC meant he and a lot of the young guys were going to be sent out.

While it was impossible for Valaika to win the SS job, it was great to see what he can do with the bat - even if it was against some young pitching.

We need some sort of light at the end of the tunnel at SS - Hairston Jr., Keppinger, Janish, and Gonzalez are a combined 9 for 56 with 7 strikeouts and only 3 walks
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Alonso and the rest will still see AB's in the big league camp. This purely procedural. Happens every year. The in house non-roster invitees get sent down to the minor league camp when it starts. The minor league camp starts this week, so it is best for them to train with their potential teammates.

They will get just as many AB's with the major league team as if they were in the big league camp, the only difference is that they have to use the minor league clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Alonso and the rest will still see AB's in the big league camp. This purely procedural. Happens every year. The in house non-roster invitees get sent down to the minor league camp when it starts. The minor league camp starts this week, so it is best for them to train with their potential teammates.

They will get just as many AB's with the major league team as if they were in the big league camp, the only difference is that they have to use the minor league clubhouse.
    Alonso was optioned to AA Carolina. Does that mean he'll still go to minor league camp now?
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Quote Originally Posted by JBChance View Post
    Alonso was optioned to AA Carolina. Does that mean he'll still go to minor league camp now?
    Yep, they all train at the same facility, so the AA and A camps are all in the same place. Again, the AA camp and A camp are separated by name only. The major league clubhouse and minor league clubhouse are literally next door to each other, and they all share the same cloverleaf practice field.

I think he had to go to a specific camp since he is on the 40 man roster, but that is just a guess.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

hope that we see Frazier and Alonso again in september.

It could be worse. A year ago right now almost Bruce got sent down. That really broke my heart.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?