Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds-Mudcats exhibition

Re: Reds-Mudcats exhibition

A mix of prospects from different levels. They will play both games in Dayton and Zebulon.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am so pumped over this weekend, not only have my Heels in the Final Four, but get to see my Reds in person Friday night!!!! What a great weekend for me (I hope!!), its going to be a looooong week waiting this one out, but have had these tickets LITERALLY since the minute they went on sale, so guess been waiting a while already!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I am so pumped over this weekend, not only have my Heels in the Final Four, but get to see my Reds in person Friday night!!!! What a great weekend for me (I hope!!), its going to be a looooong week waiting this one out, but have had these tickets LITERALLY since the minute they went on sale, so guess been waiting a while already!
    We expect a full report and some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    We expect a full report and some pictures.
    I will do my best, not used to having to report on games, so first time expereince with that I am def taking my camera though, adn with ym seats, hope I can get some great shots-hope there isnt too much net in my way. I have never posted many pics, so not 100% sure how to do that once I get em really, but am sure if I get any good enough to share, someone can help me get em up. I am getting nervous about the rain they are calling for this weekend-I am going to be one really disapointed Reds fan if they cant play this-been waiting my whole life it seems

I'll be there as well. I have to leave work early on Friday for the 6pm start time.

I will be there as well - very cool to have the Mudcats now affiliated with our beloved Reds, at least for those of us in the Triangle area.

I am leaving work early too. I wonder what time will be best to get there to see infield/BP, get autos, etc? I am also hoping to stay after long enough to get autos after the game if I can. I am actually just hoping they even play the game at this point-calling for rain, I am concerned the Reds will just call the game and not even travel to NC since they play in Dayton the next afternoon. Where are your seats? I cant rememer mine offhand, but know I am on the corndoer of hte dugout-will post my seats tom exactly though. I will be wearing my Red jersey (nameless), and my wife likely may be as well-thanks to Miss Kitty Duran for those, we love having matching ones!!!!

So I've heard two different things about this game: 1. The Reds will play the "Futures Team" just like they will in Dayton the next day, only in a different location, and 2. The Reds will play the regular Mudcats squad. Which is it? Does anyone know?

I'd love to go, but it's way too far of a drive for me

It is a Futures team, same as Dayton the next day. But, I wonder with chance of rain, if they will cancel the game, or change the futures team and just have it be Mudcats so they arent flying them up here if they might not even play.
    My seats are section 218, row A, hope to meet some of you there!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    It is a Futures team, same as Dayton the next day. But, I wonder with chance of rain, if they will cancel the game, or change the futures team and just have it be Mudcats so they arent flying them up here if they might not even play.
    My seats are section 218, row A, hope to meet some of you there!
    http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...C0777?dayNum=1

It looks like there is a solid chance of the game getting in.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

So have we decided on a meeting place?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    So have we decided on a meeting place?
    I think meeting in game would be best-going to be trying to get pics and autos before and after game. Maybe pick an innning and meet for a beer in a designated area? I havent been to a game there in 3 or 4 years, so cant recall enough to state where off hand, last time I went there was for a WIllie Nelson/Bob Dylan concernt 2 summers ago.

Wanted to also add that the day looks BEAUTIFUL so far!!!!!! We had crazy storms last night through early monring, but we def have a Carolina Blue sky overhead right now! Very windy, but warm enough and sunny skies, lets play ball!!!!!!!

OK, I am getting ready to head towards the stadium, so wont be on here to see if anyone else wants to meet up, but I am in sec 218, row a, on the outfield side of third base dugout. My wife and I will most likely have on matching Reds jersies (again, BIG thank you to Kitty!)-both red. Hope to meet some of you out there!

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Well, after attending the game, I feel better about the future of the Reds. The now....um, we'll see (kidding, sort of).

Got there at the opening, got autographs from Weathers, Phillips and Herrera and several great pregame photos (will post them soon). Living so far away from Cincinnati, this was the first time I've seen the Reds in person in 21 years (went to Riverfront in 88), so awesome experience on my part.
    Last edited by CarolinaRedleg; 04-04-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Turn Off Ads?