Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Message from J.C. Sulbaran's Father Re: Signing w/ Reds

Message from J.C. Sulbaran's Father Re: Signing w/ Reds

Of course, I have no way of confirming that this is actually from Jorge Sulbaran, but it seems legit to me, so I decided to post it.
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=262&f...t=2461869&p=40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sulbaran
    Posted: 8/19/2008 3:59 PM
    RE: Amateur draft Thread

On behalf of my family and JC we are very grateful to the Reds organization and we are indeed very pleased with the signing of JC by the Reds. Being a fan of the Big Red Machine it hurts to see the Reds become a small engine. Hopefully JC can be part of the rebuilding process and become a front line pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds in years to come and restart the Big Red Machine.
    As a baseball coach my self for over 30 years, developing youth baseball players became a very important mission in life. Curacao has one of the most successful Little League baseball Programs of the Caribbean. Led by a group of highly touted volunteer baseball coaches such as Frank Curiel, Shonki Nicasia, Norvell Faneyte, Mark van Zanten, Ernst Meyer, Vernon Isabella, Michelangelo Celestina, Charles Cijntje , Didi Gregorius, Fania Bonifacio, Michael Victoria, Sixto Laker etc.
    These men and women, dedicated their live to youth baseball and Curacao is very proud of them.
    Last week Curacao in representation of the Latin-American region, won the Junior League World Series in Taylor, Michigan, but lost the finals of the Senior League World Series in Bangor, Maine. Curacao has won participation in 3 of the 4 little league World Series this year.
    Curacao is representing the Caribbean again this year in the Little League World series. And on behalf of our lovely island I would like to extend an invitation to all of you to follow the Caribbean team from Curacao this week in Williamsport. (ESPN). Just for your info, Curacao is the undefeated champions of the Caribbean for 8 consecutive years and sports an incredible record of 51 and 0, never losing a game since the Caribbean regional tournaments started in 2001.
    This program has already produced excellent professional baseball players such as Hensley Meulens, Andruw Jones, Ralph Milliard, Evanon Coffie, Randall Simon, Jair Jurrjens, Wladimir Balentien, Roger Bernadina etc. And more important than all, this program has produced winners, productive and respectful citizens for our island.
    Contrary to most other kids from Curacao, Curt SmIth (39th pick signed with Cardinals) and Juancarlos Sulbaran, did not sign as non drafted free agents at 16yo. Both had lucrative offers to do so, however they choose the route of College and High school graduation, before pursuing their professional baseball careers.
    JC and Curt Smith have set the example to all our kids playing Little League baseball to look for opportunities to attend school in the States before becoming professionals. And hopefully the success of JC and Curt Smith will indeed open the eyes of schools coaches in the USA towards the pool of talent in baseball, and also other sports, Curacao has to offer.
    Finally on behalf of my “dushi korsow’ (sweet Curacao) I would like to extend a warm and cordial invitations to you all to visit our site at www.curacao.com for more information about our lovely island. And please don’t hesitate to contact me personally at jsprivate@hotmail.com for any additional information you might need prior to visit Curacao.
    JORGE SULBARAN

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Message from J.C. Sulbaran's Father Re: Signing w/ Reds

I had the same message on my site a while ago. Seems legit, in another post he had some more information that gave it even more legit.

There is also a friend of JC's family that posts on Doug's site. He's always got some good info. He said a while back the Reds are already looking at other prospects in Curacao like Juremi Profar (the best player in the 2008 LLWS IMO).

Scouting the LLWS?

Thats funny

No worse than...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rloq3i35bDE

9 yrs old and signed to train with the Manchester United. I just have to say I have refed soccer for 13 years and I've seen plenty of kids who could do this... Its called athleticism at this age most kids are lucky to just kick the ball straight and some just have the athleticism to make it work.
    Last edited by Slyder; 11-19-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Scouting the LLWS?

Thats funny
    Profar has a brother who is 16 and eligible to sign. IIRC he said the Reds were looking at him which could help them land Juremi when he turns 16. A lot can happen in the next four years, but that kid looked incredible. Orestes Destrade was calling him a young Hanley Ramirez.

Sulbaran just wowed anyone watching with his three pitch K of Pudge in the 6th of the WBC when he came in with runners at first and third and two outs.

Electric stuff. Absolutely electric.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm surprised nobody took a chance on this kid earlier than the 30th round. Did he announce he was 100% committed to going to college? That would be the only explanation.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I'm surprised nobody took a chance on this kid earlier than the 30th round. Did he announce he was 100% committed to going to college? That would be the only explanation.
    From what I have heard post draft, teams all THOUGHT he was going to college, but he absolutely wanted to play pro ball. With that said, he got late 2nd round money for his signing bonus, so the Reds knew the talent and paid nicely for it.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    From what I have heard post draft, teams all THOUGHT he was going to college, but he absolutely wanted to play pro ball. With that said, he got late 2nd round money for his signing bonus, so the Reds knew the talent and paid nicely for it.
    Gotta love the Reds aggressive approach. Between that and finding the loophole in the Duran signing, they've done a really nice job.

Refreshing.

Turn Off Ads?