Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Restaurant.com 80% Off Coupon - SUPER DEAL!!!

Restaurant.com 80% Off Coupon - SUPER DEAL!!!

Restaurant.com has a new 80% off code MENU available. The $25 gift certificates are normally $10, but are $2 with the code.
    They also sell $10 certificates for select restaurants for $3, making them 60 cents each with the code. Thanks NCSUFire

Note: Be sure to check restrictions for the certificates before you purchase, as they vary among different venues.

I just got TWO $25 gift cards to Champs Sports Bar, and it only cost me $4. There's a tiny catch (each restaurant is different) though. For Champs, the gift cards require a minimum $35 purchase. But...how hard is that to do with 2 or 3 people, ya know...especially since the gift cards are (freaking) 2 bucks!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Restaurant.com 80% Off Coupon - SUPER DEAL!!!

I've never used Restaurant.com because they usually don't have any that I go to, but have you ever had any problems with using the gift cards at the locations?

This will be my first attempt. I figure that spending $4 on a $50 gift card, ya cant beat it.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I've used these for years, since I live in an area with several dozen restaurants that participate. I've never had one refused in a restaurant, but I always read the rules and follow them closely.

The only challenge is that this is often a last-ditch effort to draw new business by restaurants that are dying. Many is the time that I've held a certificate for a restaurant that went out of business. (My most recent experience with this was last week.) The restaurant.com folks will give you a credit that can be applied to another certificate when that happens, but if you don't have one or two other participating restaurants in your area that you would want to patronize, don't load up on certificates.
    /r/reds

Tried it a year ago and wasn't really pleased. Too many restrictions for me----especially if you're dining out single. I doubt I'll do it again but....for some people it seems to work so, give it a shot. (shrug)

Rem

It works out ideally for groups of two. Most of them involve the purchase of two entrees or $35 in food with a fixed gratuity of 18%.

If I'm on a date, I'm going to spend around $35-40 on food and tip 18-20%. So it aligns itself well for me. These allow me to try out restaurants that would normally be out of my price range otherwise.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?