Hi all,

I have some problems using my D-Link WBR-2310 (hardware revision A1 with the latest firmware - 1.05) router to share my internet connection between my desktop (wired) and laptop (wireless) computers. The issue is that the wired/desktop PC, running Win XP SP3, has noticeable lags using internet applications that do not occur when the same PC is connected directly to my cable modem. In particular, playing Euchre online using Yahoo's site, the game consistently freezes numerous times per game for me with each "lag" lasting up to 12-15 seconds. This does not happen playing at the same site, on the same PC when I'm connected without going through the router. At first I thought it might be an issue with the site I was playing at, but after regularly getting "yelled" at for playing slowly and seeing it happen just about every time I play when connected through the router, it's convinced me that there is some sort of performance related issue using the wired connection.

I only use my laptop/wireless connection for work-related activities, so I can't confirm if this problem also applies to that PC/connection, but I found it odd that the PC that is hard-wired to the router would suffer any performance loss. Any help on this would greatly be appreciated...thank you.

Boss