Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article and video of Juan Carlos Sulbaran

Re: Article and video of Juan Carlos Sulbaran

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Oh my. That video shows just nasty stuff. That looks like a number 1 draft choice if he were being drafted this year. Doug what do you think? Seeing what you saw in the video and how he has pitched would he be a number 1 draft pick if going this year?

The future is bright...very very bright.

Sorry to quote myself but I asked that question wrong. I meant first round draft choice not number 1 overall. I would have to assume from what I read that the Reds gave him 2nd round money so with this type of performance his stock has gone up a lot.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who knows where he would have went because I dont think anyone was actively doing any hardcore scouting on him because there was supposedly no chance of him signing.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Who knows where he would have went because I dont think anyone was actively doing any hardcore scouting on him because there was supposedly no chance of him signing.
    I think every team in baseball saw him pitch in high school last year. I am sure they all asked him what it would take to sign him as well. He played at the same High School as Eric Hosmer who went #3 overall to the KC Royals and also Adrian Nieto who went in the 5th round to the Nationals. Scouts were at every game I would imagine, whether they were there to see Hosmer or not, they all would be fired if they didn't notice JCS and talk to him.

I didnt mean like they weren't scouting him I'm sure every team had a bunch of scouts around him. I meant it more along the lines of since everyone thought it was common knowledge he wasnt going to sign and was going to Florida there really wasnt much talk around the web about his draft status.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I didnt mean like they weren't scouting him I'm sure every team had a bunch of scouts around him. I meant it more along the lines of since everyone thought it was common knowledge he wasnt going to sign and was going to Florida there really wasnt much talk around the web about his draft status.
    Around the web, maybe. In baseball circles, they knew. The Reds wouldn't have paid him half a million to sign if other teams didn't know what he was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Around the web, maybe. In baseball circles, they knew. The Reds wouldn't have paid him half a million to sign if other teams didn't know what he was worth.
    Trust me I didnt meant it that way at all. I'm completely sure major league teams had a decent share of info on him, but most of the time we dont really hear much about that info.

Sulbaran was warming up in the 2nd for the Dutch tonight. He should be getting into the game soon the way VandenHurk is getting beat around.

Bring on the pitch F/x data

Team USA has a great lineup. Sulbaran has a tough task ahead of him assuming he gets in the game.

Even more of the reason why I would love to see him pitch. If that kid can handle the USA line up hes going to have a bunch of hype surrounding him going into this year. Luckily I think he can probably handle it dealing with the pressure.

Sulbaran is now pitching.

Youkilis grounds out on a 93 mph fastball.

David Wright singles.

Dunn up.

Dunn grounds into a fielders choice. The second baseman took forever to make the throw or else it may have been a doubleplay.

Braun flies out to shallow center field. Another impressive inning by Sulbaran. His fastball was sitting at 93 mph.

Very solid inning. He pounds the lower part of the strike zone like Volquez.

Just really good stuff from him, again. OBM, I don't know if you got to see him when he had the wonderful effort against P.R., but this is a continuation of that evening's work. He has really nice mound presence. As he fills out and matures, I bet he can work in the mid-90s.

He has to be moving into consideration as a potential front of the rotation starter candidate some years down the road if he is able to develop. At least as promising as Lotzker.

Now Sulbaran throws a 1-2 fastball on the outside corner to Iannetta and the ump calls it a ball. Now he walks. Should have been strike three.

Turn Off Ads?