Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teams available for AL Dynasty League, Year 2

Re: Teams available for AL Dynasty League, Year 2

Now we have 9 teams signed up. Just need one more. Then we can get started!

If anybody out there has the nuts to play in our AL-only league, now is your last chance. Bring it on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I will now publically post the sign up information for the last slot, which will be for team #3. I will wait about 12 hours, then the league will be opened on Yahoo to fill the last slot.

Once again, here is our last available team:
    Team 3.
    Position Players
    Willy Aybar (TB - 1B,2B,3B)
    Daric Barton (Oak - 1B)
    Travis Buck (Oak - OF)
    Asdrubal Cabrera (Cle - 2B,SS)
    Mark Grudzielanek (KC - 2B)
    Franklin Gutierrez (Sea - OF)
    Mike Lowell (Bos - 3B)
    Carlos Pena (TB - 1B)
    Kurt Suzuki (Oak - C)
    Mike Sweeney (Sea - 1B)
    B.J. Upton (TB - 2B,OF)

Pitchers
    Brian Bannister (KC - SP)
    Santiago Casilla (Oak - RP)
    Joey Devine (Oak - RP)
    Gavin Floyd (CWS - SP,RP)
    Gio Gonzalez (Oak - SP)
    Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
    Cliff Lee (Cle - SP)
    Jensen Lewis (Cle - RP)
    CC Sabathia (NYY - SP)
    James Shields (TB - SP)
    Andy Sonnanstine (TB - SP)
    Jered Weaver (LAA - SP)

Please go to this link and join the league. I will add the team #3 players to your roster.
    In order to join the league, follow the link http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/110932 click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 110932
    Password: rivals

Please let me know when you sign up. Thanks!

Mike
    AL Commish
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I opened the league up in Yahoo, and required that interested players e-mail me for details before they could signup. I sent a couple people their prospective team roster and other info.

We now have our tenth player, and he has signed up. This was his note confirming he is in:

My team is 'strike team' -Kyle
    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
    Now that the league is full, I will finish entering the players this evening, and we will start a draft of players new to the AL tomorrow evening.

Mike
    AL Commish
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

That's good news. Cool.

We should suggest he sign up for Redszone so he can have access to this discussion thread and become of part of the community. It will increase the chances of him paying attention all season and playing again next year instead of bailing out after one season.

Save me a decent player for the end of the 1st round.

Sweet! Did you already say what the draft order will be?

Well my fellow AL Dynasty league managers, it is finally time to get this league rolling. We filled our last slot today, so we need to start our slow draft of any players new to the AL. The draft will start at six p.m. eastern time on Thursday March 26th.

I loaded everyone’s team today. If you go to ‘My Team’, and then click on tomorrow’s date, you will see your team at the bottom of the page. You can drop players freely whenever you want. Initially, you can only add players through the draft or a trade.

We will draft in the reverse order of last year’s standings(see below), and this will be a straight draft, not a snake draft. So after pick #10, we go back to the beginning and first pick starts again. This will allow the weaker teams to gain a little parity.

You will have a maximum of 6 hours to pick. If you don’t pick on time, you will be bypassed, but you can still take your pick later when you get a chance. Please try to pick faster than 6 hours, the faster the better. After all, the season starts soon. Remember, our scoring categories are Runs, RBIs, Average, Steals, Homers, Ks, Wins, Saves, ERA, and WHIP.

If any players are dropped before the season starts, I will make them free agents immediately(available to be drafted when it is your turn). After the season starts, there will be a two day waiver claim period in effect. We will draft seven rounds, then open it up for free agent additions.

2009 Draft Order
    1. Wrecking Crew
    2. The Strike Team
    3. GonaDs
    4. Bk
    5. Lotte Giants
    6. Cin-City Redlegs
    7. Arod 4MVP
    8. Efrat Invaders
    9. Montana Mariners
    10. Atomic Dumpling

Please let me know if you have any questions. You can e-mail me at mbgrayson@hotmail.com

Mike
    AL Commish

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Sweet!

I took Brian Fuentes with 1.10. I guess I don't get to make a second pick since the draft is not a snake draft. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I took Brian Fuentes with 1.10. I guess I don't get to make a second pick since the draft is not a snake draft. Right?
    Correct. Back to the top. Wrecking Crew is on the clock with pick 2.1.

I noticed that I never posted the final 2009 standings:

Code:
    Rank	Team	        R	HR	RBI	SB	AVG	W	SV	K	ERA	WHIP	Total
    1	MT Mariners	9	10	7	5	8	3.5	7	7	8	10	74.5
    2	Atomic Dumpling	10	6	10	6	9	8	9	9	1	1	69
    3	Efrat Invaders	6	1.5	1	9	2	10	5	10	10	9	63.5
    4	Strike Team	5	7.5	8	7	5	9	2	8	6	5	62.5
    5	CinCity Redlegs	8	1.5	5	8	7	2	10	6	7	7	61.5
    6	Arod 4MVP	7	9	9	2	6	7	3.5	5	9	3	60.5
    7	Wrecking Crew	2	7.5	6	3	3	5	6	3	4	7	46.5
    8	GOnaDs    	4	4	3	10	10	1	8	1	3	2	46
    9	Lotte Giants	3	5	4	1	1	6	3.5	4	5	7	39.5
    10	bk          	1	3	2	4	4	3.5	1	2	2	4	26.5
    Soon, I will send out an e-mail to 2009 managers to see who will be back in 2010....Pitchers and catchers report in 7 days, so the time is approaching.

Mike
    A Commish

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

If there are any openings, I'd like to join. I had fun in the NL Only league.

I've got a question. In the RedsZone Dynasty League there's a drop down box on the league home page to make it easy for owners to access the previous season. It only displays the final standings and rosters at the end of the season. But, I was just curious if there was something you had to do for that, since that's not currently on the Al Only home page, and if it would be easy to add. Any idea? If it's a hassle I wouldn't bother but I was just curious.

I'll be back

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I think we will be needing to find a few new members. We only have 5 or 6 signed up now... Also I had a buddy playing last year and he isn't going to play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I think we will be needing to find a few new members. We only have 5 or 6 signed up now... Also I had a buddy playing last year and he isn't going to play this year.
    I'll pick up a team if you need someone. PM me and let me know.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?