• B. Radiohead

26 54.17%
  • C.

14 29.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miley Cyrus v. Radiohead

Re: Miley Cyrus v. Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Completely agreed, I don't see how anyone can say that they dislike Radiohead. You have to respect their music.
    I'm a Radiohead fan. But I completely understand when you toss Kid A (which I like) in and it is not to someone else's liking.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Even though she's had fewer of them, I'll bet Miley has sold more CDs than Radiohead. In fact, in the last 2 years, she has sold more CDs than probably any band you can think of.

Even if Radiohead won't take a meeting with her, I bet that any record label would.
    Wait and see in a few years. Having the Disney marketing machine behind you can help you move a lot of product in a short period of time. However, it will be interesting to see if she can survive on her own talent once she gets too old and the Mouse moves on to the next young teen sensation.

I can understand why Tom Yorke and Radiohead don't want to meet Miley Cyrus and Kanye West backstage at the Grammys. Not that I've been to the Grammys, but I've been in situations where people come up to you at an event trying to curry favor or play the "I'm an admirer" game. You get the feeling they aren't sincere. If someone was really interested in meeting you, why wait for a "photo op" moment to do it?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Wait and see in a few years. Having the Disney marketing machine behind you can help you move a lot of product in a short period of time.
    You're partly right. Her ranking as a seller of CDs also benefits from the fact that adults have drastically cut back their CD purchases in favor of digital downloads, paid and free. The kids' market is the only one that can be depended on to buy CDs.
    /r/reds

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Calling Kanye West a "musical genius" is kind of a stretch don't you think? Radiohead rocks but there best work was 10+ years ago.
    I don't think its a stretch. His rap isn't anything special. The tracks he puts together though are on the musical genius level.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Anyone hear Kanye during American Idol? I think I can make better sounds when on the toilet.

They had to add the computer effect to hide his horrible singing. He couldnt even rap on key and thats pretty hard to do.
    His rapping isn't anything special, but like I noted above, what he does for the music on songs is something quite special.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I can understand why Tom Yorke and Radiohead don't want to meet Miley Cyrus and Kanye West backstage at the Grammys. Not that I've been to the Grammys, but I've been in situations where people come up to you at an event trying to curry favor or play the "I'm an admirer" game. You get the feeling they aren't sincere. If someone was really interested in meeting you, why wait for a "photo op" moment to do it?
    Really, though, how many times are Miley Cyrus, a 16 year old teeny-bopper act, and Radiohead going to cross paths other than at an award show?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Radiohead is a name band based upon name only. If you asked a general poll to name 5 songs by Radiohead I would be willing to bet about 80% of the general population would draw a blank. They really aren't played on the mainstream radio anymore. They have a good following and have made enough money to tell Miley or Kayne to shove it.

However, if I were to go out and buy a Cd from one of the 3 it would be Kayne. Both Kayne and Miley are much more popular in the general public. However Radiohead probably just doesn't care. Most people over 18 really don't like Miley all that much and her speaking out against Radiohead is good publicity for the band.

I have no doubt that "snubs", intentional or not, happen backstage at these events right and left. The fact that we know about it at all says a lot more about Miley Cyrus than it does about Radiohead. (this is a completely biased comment, I admit. I did not approve of Miley Cyrus's oscar dress. she looked like one of those fake glittery white Christmas trees that rotate in the front windows of old people's split-level homes. This is an offense difficult to overcome with me. Most people never get to go to the Oscars, so if you have the chance and you wear something that makes you look like faux flora, you should be banned from famous people.)

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    You're partly right. Her ranking as a seller of CDs also benefits from the fact that adults have drastically cut back their CD purchases in favor of digital downloads, paid and free. The kids' market is the only one that can be depended on to buy CDs.
    Not to mention the fact that sales of Radiohead's last album, In Rainbows -- one of their most successful -- have never really been tracked. The album was released online as a "pay what you want" release and is rumored to have "sold" 1.2 million copies in its first day alone, but no one really knows for sure, and obviously the actual sales dollars figures have never been released. The album sold far more "copies" online than it did when it was ultimately released as a CD. They've sold at least 30 million albums in their career, but that's probably a very safe figure.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 03-16-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

C. Savatage. listen to their music '91 (Streets: A Rock Opera) through their final album in '03 (Poets and Madmetn) (and if you like TSO, they are Savtage-lite in musical and possibly lyrical senses); are far better than Radiohead could dream of being. "Creep" is the only Radiohead song that doesn't bore me to tears. Miley Cyrus has some potential, but i really doubt she'll ever come close to using it.

Megadeth after "Rust in Peace...Polaris" is also brilliant.

oh yeah, and then there is those that Paul Simon and Merle Haggard guys...
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?