Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Basketball

Re: University of Kentucky Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Alright, now Calipari is starting to tick me off. I had a 3:00pm meeting scheduled with my CPA.

I was REALLY hoping that, before I left, the credits would already rolling on this little soap opera.
    Calipari better hurry up and accept by 7:00 tonight the UK faithful will be deciding whether its worth waiting on this "drama queen."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bozich's latest.

Former Memphis coach John Calipari is coming to Kentucky -- and he's starting the job by reaching out to former UK coaches.

Minutes ago, Calipari called former UK coach Joe B. Hall to talk about the Kentucky job and the Kentucky tradition.

"That was awfully nice of him," said Hall, who coached UK to the 1978 NCAA title.

"Coach Cal is a hot item. He's a great coach as well as a superior recruiter. His track record speaks for itself. I think Kentucky was looking to do something dramatic in the face of all that has gone down."

I've been told that Calipari intends to speak with several other former Kentucky coaches, including Eddie Sutton and Tubby Smith. No word on whether his phone call list with include Rick Pitino or Billy Gillispie.

A call between he and Pitino would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    A call between he and Pitino would be interesting.
    I actually laughed when I read that line in the article.

Retired

Somebody already purchased firejohncalipari.com on March 26th.

I love that Cal wanted Joe B. to break the story. Good work by him!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    The fact we haven't seen or heard anything from the university tells me they are still waiting to hear officially from Calipari. The best I can assume at the moment is he is still cruising the city "deciding".

Maybe he went to Graceland to consult The King?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The minute Cal decided to start driving around Memphis you had to know UK was golden. Have you ever been there?

A crowd has apparently gathered outside Calipari's home.

They want him to stay. No doubt about it.

With an announcement on his future reportedly coming at any time, University Of Memphis Head Basketball Coach John Calipari was holed up in his Memphis home. He isn't alone.

Outside the home a crowd of supporters and media have gathered. They're all waiting to see if the U of M's most successful coach is moving on for the big bucks at the University of Kentucky.

One fan posted a "NOT" for sale sign. Others stood silently holding signs of support. The media are just waiting on some word about what's going to happen.

The speculation is rampant. National networks debate Cal's future. Pundits debate whether he's better going or staying.

Some local TV and radio reports have already said he's gone, and have stated the Memphis Tigers are going after the Missouri Tigers' head coach, Mike Anderson. Missouri's Sports Information Director told myEyewitnessNews.com on Monday, 3-30, that the school had not been contacted by Memphis to seek permission to discuss the possible opening with Anderson.

So, with all of the back and forth in local and national media, Tigers fans are, understandably, concerned and confused.

There is no confusion for the fans holding vigil at the Calipari home. They want him to stay. And they're willing to stand all day in the rain to show it.

So many people have now shown up that Memphis police have closed the narrow street in front of the Calipari home.

There are reports in Kentucky papers and electronic media that an announcement will come shortly. Other reports say it will be in the morning.
    An announcement may not come until tomorrow morning? Spare us all John.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    A crowd has apparently gathered outside Calipari's home.

An announcement may not come until tomorrow morning? Spare us all John.

Novel approach to keep him. Hold him hostage and he will have to stay.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If that is true, he is going to have an angry mob to contend with if he does indeed leave for Lexington.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If that is true, he is going to have an angry mob to contend with if he does indeed leave for Lexington.
    I'm sure a posse will be formed to go down to Memphis to rescue him. WMR will be leading the posse no doubt. :
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Nick Calathes decided to enter the draft. He's not hiring an agent though.

Just thought I'd throw something other than Calipari news in here for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm sure a posse will be formed to go down to Memphis to rescue him. WMR will be leading the posse no doubt. :
    He'll be in the back of the truck packing a shotgun. He's the armed guard.

I'm listening to WHBQ in Memphis and people there are just as frustrated as we are over Calipari dragging this out. I kinda wonder how he can come back with how long this has been gone on.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?