Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Basketball

Re: University of Kentucky Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Memorial Coliseum blows Rupp Arena away in terms of loudness and atmosphere.
    I think Blimpie mentioned this in a previous thread and I completely agree. I would like to see Kentucky play one game a year in Memorial just for the vintage sake. I honestly believe they could make up revenue just by charging extra for tickets and concessions.

My idea would be a Kentucky Legends Memorial Game at Memorial Colliseum. Schedule a semi decent team to come to Memorial for a tribute to those who have helped make Kentucky "Kentucky". Cawood Ledford, Bill Keightley, Adolph Rupp, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh I agree. I told someone that today and this first half just confirms it for me.

I am also totally digging Gillispie with the brown suit. Adolph Rupp tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Memorial Coliseum blows Rupp Arena away in terms of loudness and atmosphere.
    Bingo !! I really like the atmosphere. Too many people at Rupp set on their hands !

All the blue hairs need to be put in nursing homes and/or have their tickets taken away.

I know it's the NIT, but that was an awesome game. The crowd was just incredible.

All the blue hairs need to be put in nursing homes and/or have their tickets taken away.
    Come on. It's the blue hairs that are going to pay Billy's buyout!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Why would anyone want to come work for a University that got rid of their coach after only 2 seasons?

I don't think folks--not you in particular, Mac--fully appreciate how disastrous it would be for our program if Billy were to leave or get fired after only 2 years on the job both in attracting top-notch coaching candidates and UK's reputation with recruits nationwide.
    I don't agree with this for several reasons. Florida football, Alabama football, NC basketball.

All three University's had negative press about the firings, and negative press about their crazy fan base. It worked out well for them. It's also harder to turn around a football team than a basketball team on a short term bases. Both football teams turned it around in just 2 seasons...so it did not hurt recruiting, it fact it helped...a lot!

No player would quit the team or a recruit, until they hired a new coach. Kentucky would have to get a "big name." No "up-and-comer."
    Last edited by George Foster; 03-18-2009 at 12:46 AM.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

It seems that Seth Davis added a bit of fuel to the rumor fire today on his blog.

I disagree but BCG isn't going anywhere so it's a moot point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    It seems that Seth Davis added a bit of fuel to the rumor fire today on his blog.
    Don't you just love it when someone says that they're not going to comment on something and then immediately comment on it? Seth Davis is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Wasnt that the year after the championship ? Fred Cowan, Lavon Williams and co.
    Yes it was. They were also playing shorthanded as Dwight Anderson broke his wrist in the SEC tournament.
    Great atmosphere in Memorial! It's too bad they can't have that in Rupp. I don't think they will ever play one game a season in Memorial just for the economic reasons. Its too bad because it is a special place.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Come on. It's the blue hairs that are going to pay Billy's buyout!
    Many sports fans in Lexington are questioning why they couldn't simply include that as part of the economic stimulus package. Just yesterday, someone tried to convince me that AIG actually stood for:

"Axing - Inititative - Gillispie"

Last edited by Blimpie; 03-18-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Don't you just love it when someone says that they're not going to comment on something and then immediately comment on it? Seth Davis is a joke.
    WMR: I hate to bring you down, but Davis is not the only one who is floating these stories.

He just happens to be working for one of the more visible media outlets at this particular time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    WMR: I hate to bring you down, but Davis is not the only one who is floating these stories.

He just happens to be working for one of the more visible media outlets at this particular time.
    Blimp: Trust me, BCG isn't going anywhere. This comes from the most trustworthy sources available. It is a tempest in a teapot.

Turn Off Ads?