Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Basketball

Re: University of Kentucky Basketball

2. Turn Off Ads?

Close sources are reporting that Memphis coach John Calipari will accept Kentucky's offer and become the new head coach at Kentucky. Calipari will bring all his assistants with him, as well as any unsigned or verbally-committed recruits. As reported earlier, several players have expressed interest in transferring. No specifics of the deal have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    WMR, you are making me think there is actual news going on! Stop! lol
    It isn't easy rooting for the greatest program in the history of college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Should note that according to KSR John Calipari was taking a drive around Memphis to decide.

This is going to make for a good book one day, but the longer this goes on, the more likely I believe he is going to turn it down.
    That's my initial reaction, too.

But it could also show, if he indeed comes to UK, that he really thought about it and Memphis fans won't think he took it as a knee-jerk reaction.

Eh...my first reaction is probably more correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    It isn't easy rooting for the greatest program in the history of college basketball.
    UCLA fans do have it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Close sources are reporting that Memphis coach John Calipari will accept Kentucky's offer and become the new head coach at Kentucky. Calipari will bring all his assistants with him, as well as any unsigned or verbally-committed recruits. As reported earlier, several players have expressed interest in transferring. No specifics of the deal have been released.
    I'm losing count. Is this unverified report #146 or #147?

What's making me anxious are the hourly reports confirming that he's coming to UK followed by the report that he hasn't decided. Gee...I was on the fence about him coming to UK now I want him to come just to end this.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Should note that according to KSR John Calipari was taking a drive around Memphis to decide.

This is going to make for a good book one day, but the longer this goes on, the more likely I believe he is going to turn it down.
    I think you are right. A similar thing happened with Huggins some years ago.

When he was with UC, and was mulling over the job at WVU, he said in an interview he was driving around Cincinnati and stopped at a gas station. He said a few people came up to him and said that even if he left, thanks for all he did for UC. Huggs said he realized then, he couldn't leave, this was home.

One close source says it's a done deal. Another close source says he's still undecided. Whatever. Just wait for the presser.

I have a UK basketball day by day desktop calendar. Todays page is in black and says worst day ever. Then it goes on to cite why it is. UK's 1975 loss to UCLA was on this day,also UK's all time meltdown against Georgetown in the Final Four was today and the finale was UK's loss to Arizona in 1997 was today. Talk about bad karma!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Less than three weeks ago, the last UK Basketball thread was closed after exceeding 1,000 posts. This new thread has 790 posts...in 17 days.

Is there a RedsZone record for the most posts in +/- one month regarding a team which did not making the "real" post-season for its sport?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I have a UK basketball day by day desktop calendar. Todays page is in black and says worst day ever. Then it goes on to cite why it is. UK's 1975 loss to UCLA was on this day,also UK's all time meltdown against Georgetown in the Final Four was today and the finale was UK's loss to Arizona in 1997 was today. Talk about bad karma!
    I could have done without that one.

I think I will go find a ladder to walk under.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I think you are right. A similar thing happened with Huggins some years ago.

When he was with UC, and was mulling over the job at WVU, he said in an interview he was driving around Cincinnati and stopped at a gas station. He said a few people came up to him and said that even if he left, thanks for all he did for UC. Huggs said he realized then, he couldn't leave, this was home.
    I'm thinking like Rich Rodriguez flirting with Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

WREG in Memphis saying Calipari to UK.

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-calipari-de...,7710064.story
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Forgive my cynicism, but I would still love to see a quote from Calipari / Barnhart.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Forgive my cynicism, but I would still love to see a quote from Calipari / Barnhart.
    Anything else is tough to believe at this point. Too many "close sources" contradicting each other at the moment.

Turn Off Ads?