Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the wrestling fans!!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: For the wrestling fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Really? How many tests has Cena or HHH failed?
    Both have failed tests within the last 2 years, IIRC.

Typically when one of the entertainers has the "injury" storyline, they either are injured or have failed a drug test.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Remember Chris Masters from a year or two back? Failed one test and was suspended. Failed another and was suspended longer. Failed a third and was fired.

Randy Orton was suspended, also.

WWE is in a precarious position. They can't condone steroid use anymore, but they won't tell someone not to shoot up, either. Just don't get "caught". The "suspension" guys face is really a one month working suspension...you work but don't get paid. Supposedly.

Essentially they catch who they want to catch, or who is most convenient, much like the cop sitting along the highway near rush hour. Can't pull everyone over if they're all going 75.

Or they catch those who get arrested for possession, DWI, or are found passed out in a stairwell hopped up on painkillers. They guys who juice, keep their mouth shut and stay off the police blotter will probably never get "caught".
    Last edited by guttle11; 03-17-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Some of these guys wrestle 2-4 times a week. Not every event is telivised, it is fake but it still hurts and it takes a toll on your body. This is one sport where I can see why steriod use is so common. Some guys take the stuff just to have energy for the nest match.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Really? How many tests has Cena or HHH failed?
    I would be surprised if Cena is on roids. He was a body builder long before he was a wrestler. He has *always* been huge. Maybe he did them at one point, but he is their poster boy and he is the face of their "don't do drugs" ad campaign.

Triple H, on the other hand, can probably get away with anything seeing as how he's married to Vince's daughter.

I'm pretty sure they're far from set for life after they sign their first contract. In fact, I'm willing to bet there are only a handful or so of wrestlers currently out there that are set for life.
    Im talking about the so called stars of wrestling.Im sure they're are set for life and I understand what you are saying about not all wrestlers are set for life.The so called srubs or what ever they're are called they probably don't get paid much.The stars on the other hand are set for life!!

I could be completly wrong b/c I don't know who the stars are but it would be interesting to see how many stars or fan favorites thats drugs tests have been positive or shown up dead by a early age.They are the ones that im talking about ruining their body and lifes for nothing.
    Last edited by WVPacman; 03-18-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    I would be surprised if Cena is on roids. He was a body builder long before he was a wrestler. He has *always* been huge. Maybe he did them at one point, but he is their poster boy and he is the face of their "don't do drugs" ad campaign.

Triple H, on the other hand, can probably get away with anything seeing as how he's married to Vince's daughter.
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...eaSteroids.jpg

Idk...

Like I said, maybe he did them at one point. I'm not so sure about now.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/storie...nside_AP.shtml

If you're wondering about the names of the 30+ WWE suspensions, here is an updated list of the history of the program's drug offenders (at least that became public knowledge): Randy Orton (in August 2006 for failing a drug test due to steroids; continued receiving packages from Signature Pharmacy until February 2007, but wasn't suspended again because he had to wrestle John Cena for the WWE title at Unforgiven 2007 and WWE felt that he had "already served his time;" also, openly smoking marijuana backstage at a show in March 2006 was a behavioral suspension and didn't count as a strike), Joey Mercury, Rene Dupree (two-time offender), Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam (due to a drug possession arrest), Kid Kash, Ryan Reeves, Ryan O'Reilly (call-up to ECW roster relinquished), Balls Mahoney (for painkillers), Drew "Festus" Hankinson (when in developmental in late 2006), Andrew "Test" Martin (later fired), referee Chris Kay (two-time offender, later fired), Jeff Hardy (two-time offender), Chavo Guerrero (may be a two-timer, as he returned as soon as 60 days passed in November 2007), Chris Masters (two-time offender, later fired), Edge, Funaki, Gregory Helms, Booker T (two-time offender), Charlie Haas, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, William Regal (two-time offender), John Morrison, Gene Snitsky (apparently a drug failure as his name never came up during the Signature Pharmacy scandal), Harry "DH" Smith, Derrick Neikirk (later fired), Neil "Chet the Jet" Bzibziak (later fired), and Afa, Jr. (for attempting to cheat on a drug test with a realistic prosthetic penis). By my count, that's 27 Wellness Policy offenders (at least that we know of) and at least 32 individual drug suspensions, so the WWE spokeswoman was being truthful when she said that there have been over 30 suspensions in the policy's history.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

"Balls Mahoney"?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Mick Foley is, arguably, one of the top ten fan-favorites in the history of professional wrestling, and it's hard to imagine a more average joe looking guy than him.
    Alright, Mick Foley is the exception. He replaced rampid steriod use over the years by falling off the top of steel cages onto a pile of nails. Either way, neither will exactly bode well for living a long life.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/storie...nside_AP.shtml

Afa, Jr. (for attempting to cheat on a drug test with a realistic prosthetic penis)
    Tha'ts hilarious lol

Turn Off Ads?