Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Re: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Oh boy, this could get interesting. I'll go with pretty much the entire post-grunge genre. Who would have though something worse than nu metal was to follow?

Creed
    Hinder
    Shinedown
    Seether
    3 Doors Down
    Staind
    Breaking Benjamin
    Puddle of Mudd
    Three Days Grace
    Matchbox Twenty
    Godsmack
    Saliva
    Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback
    Wow, with exception to Matchbox Twenty and Nickelback these are some of the bands I listen to all the time. My two favorite bands, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters, have been mentioned as others most hated. Is funny how each person has a different taste in music.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It's cool -- just because you're all 100% couldn't-be-more-dead-wrong doesn't mean I need to waste perfectly good food.

AC/DC. I like Thunderstruck and that's it. I pretty much despise every other song they sing. They all sound the same. That guy's voice is more annoying than someone scratching their nails on a chalkboard.

I think Incubus could be great if they had a different singer. I like their music but he holds them back in a big way. Bad voice.

And let me throw out another shoutout for Nickelback. Worst band of the millenium.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Nickelback took their name from the value of their music and the refund people would be asking for after hearing it.

I like Dave Matthews, but there are times he sounds like Adam Sandler when he sings.

As for artists I hate, the post grunge era (of which Matchbox Twenty is not even remotely a part of) pretty much sums it up.

I call this era, "Butt Rock," which can be defined as really grungy looking dudes singing love songs. Nothing like watching a music video that has a guy with 50 body piercings, tattoos, leather, boots, motorcycles, etc. , and he's singing an acoustic ballad.

I also can't stand the rap thing, if nothing else for the same reason as butt rock.

You have some guy dressed like he's in a street gang- gold teeth, wife beater, MLB hat off to the side, strutting around like he's a bad a**.

Yeah, when I think of intimidating people, I think of rappers. Wow, honey, be careful around that guy, he might break out into a rap! And he likes the Detroit Tigers- how frightening!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

I call this era, "Butt Rock," which can be defined as really grungy looking dudes singing love songs. Nothing like watching a music video that has a guy with 50 body piercings, tattoos, leather, boots, motorcycles, etc. , and he's singing an acoustic ballad.
    Songs that don't involve Satan or elves are not metal. :

I can't stand

Led Zeppelin
    Jimmy Hendrix
    Nickelback
    Gangsta Rap
    Pink Floyd

Not a big fan of classic rock. I am warming up to it a little bit but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    I've never understood the Jackson Pollock thing but to each his/her own...
    I as well.. and also Captain Beefheart and Patrick Nagel.. gawd I hate Nagel.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Oh boy, this could get interesting. I'll go with pretty much the entire post-grunge genre. Who would have though something worse than nu metal was to follow?

Creed
    Hinder
    Shinedown
    Seether
    3 Doors Down
    Staind
    Breaking Benjamin
    Puddle of Mudd
    Three Days Grace
    Matchbox Twenty
    Godsmack
    Saliva
    Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback
    You saved me some typing. The ones in bold make me want to jump off a ledge. The only reason I don't agree on the rest of the ones you listed is because I wouldn't know who they were if they were playing in my backyard.

Oh, and Nickelback is an abomination. A pox on them.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

The Ting Tings. Jeezus, what a terrible, terrible single.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    The Doors. That's right, I said it. Nothing can make me reach for the dial faster than the start of a Doors tune.

It's not that I don't like the Doors, it's that I've come to the conclusion that they are overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. I just don't get it.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I saw a sculpture exhibition by Cy Twombly in the National Museum in DC in 2000.

It's criminal that (1) that crap was in the National Museum, and (2) I can't ever get that 20 minutes of my life back.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I as well.. and also Captain Beefheart and Patrick Nagel.. gawd I hate Nagel.
    Isn't he the Duran Duran poster guy?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Isn't he the Duran Duran poster guy?
    Yep.. the scourge of the 80's frame shops

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yep.. the scourge of the 80's frame shops
    Yes. This one last witnessed overlooking many a black leather and chrome sofa:

Turn Off Ads?