Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Re: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Can't stand Kid Rock. That rip off of Sweet Home Alabama makes me ill.

Oh, and Fred Durst should go jump off a cliff.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't believe nobody has mentioned that alien M Jackson(wacko jacko)
    Just to name a few

M Jackson
    Boy george
    George micheal
    All rap songs
    Chesney(the country singer)
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

"Hollywood *****" by...i think Papa Roach. poignant, but bland. same with "Bad Girlfriend" by...someone.

Buckcherry topped out with "Lit Up"

Aerosmith has suked for years, "Amazing was the last song they had i like since "Walk This Way" and "Dream On."

i absolutely don't understand the Dave Mathews thing, especially since about half their fanbase seems to hate the glory that is Simon and Garfunkel.

i also dislike Incubus, most bland rap acts (Wu Tang rox), and most Carlos Santana songs.

hell, i hate Toby Keith, but i can acknowledge he's prolly the most talented overall, artist out there right now (that's writing, arrangement, and ability in that order).
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I absolutely love Brandon Boyd's voice in Incubus's classic style, but I can see how his voice is annoying in songs off of Light Grenades such as their most recent single, "Love Hurts"...

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I absolutely love Brandon Boyd's voice in Incubus's classic style, but I can see how his voice is annoying in songs off of Light Grenades such as their most recent single, "Love Hurts"...
    I don't mind Pardon Me or Stellar but Drive, How Do You Do It, Love Hurts and pretty much every single after their first popular cd is grating.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

The Doors. That's right, I said it. Nothing can make me reach for the dial faster than the start of a Doors tune.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    hell, i hate Toby Keith, but i can acknowledge he's prolly the most talented overall, artist out there right now (that's writing, arrangement, and ability in that order).
    No.

Rascal Flatts. I hate all pop country, but they are the worst.

I listened to a Neil Young and the International Harvesters show today, and although I respect Young as an artist and like what he stands for, I struggle with the sound of his voice sometimes. Not saying it sn't good- it just doesn't vibrate my eardrums well, I guess.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I have a hard time coming up with artists that I loathe because they're just not on my mind. But I can truly say I hate Dave Matthews and I can trace it back to the very moment I first heard "Crash into me".
    Whew! I was afraid I was going to be the first and only to say that I hate Dave Matthews Band. I was ready to dodge tomatoes thrown my way. I can't stand them!

Oh boy, this could get interesting. I'll go with pretty much the entire post-grunge genre. Who would have though something worse than nu metal was to follow?

Creed
    Hinder
    Shinedown
    Seether
    3 Doors Down
    Staind
    Breaking Benjamin
    Puddle of Mudd
    Three Days Grace
    Matchbox Twenty
    Godsmack
    Saliva
    Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback
    Ouch! Hinder, Shinedown, and especially Seether are three of my favorite bands of this decade, and I'm well into my 40s! Seether's remake of Careless Whisper is awesome. To each his own, I guess.

Back to the "despised" list, there was a country group back in the 90s called The Tractors. They were a one-hit wonder with a song that went something like "baby likes to rocket like a boogie woogie choo choo train". It's a wonder I didn't destroy a couple of stereos over that song. Also, anything by Brooks and Dumb. I can't believe they can continue to release songs with such cliche lyrics and have big hits with them.

Oh, and let's throw in Limp Bizkit, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Carrie Underwood, and Kellie Clarkson while we're at it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Whew! I was afraid I was going to be the first and only to say that I hate Dave Matthews Band. I was ready to dodge tomatoes thrown my way. I can't stand them!
    It's cool -- just because you're all 100% couldn't-be-more-dead-wrong doesn't mean I need to waste perfectly good food.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Oh boy, this could get interesting. I'll go with pretty much the entire post-grunge genre. Who would have though something worse than nu metal was to follow?

Creed
    Hinder
    Shinedown
    Seether
    3 Doors Down
    Staind
    Breaking Benjamin
    Puddle of Mudd
    Three Days Grace
    Matchbox Twenty
    Godsmack
    Saliva
    Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback
    If I were going to make a list, it would look like this.

One addition I can think of:

Pearl Jam (I'm done with Eddie Veder's voice)

And there is no end to the ire I hold for Nickelback.:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    No.
    i meant within the country genre. there are many acts (who wouldn't be associated with me), that i prefer before him. at least Keith can play and even sing the guitar/hook parts of virtually every song i like that isn't associated with Savatage or Iced Earth.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Nickleback. I don't know anyone who likes them either, and yet they're a headlining arena act. Bland, bland, bland.

Madonna and Rascal Flatts have already been mentioned, and they both make my list.
    Former sparring mates the Dixie Chicks and Toby Keith have also been mentioned, and while I used to like some of their stuff I can no longer stand to listen to either of them.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I've never understood the Jackson Pollock thing but to each his/her own...
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Turn Off Ads?