Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Re: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I just wonder how Rolling Stone can give all these unlistenable records 5 stars. Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Radiohead....

Rolling Stone
    's music reviews definitely belong in your thread...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    They're pop rock.
    Fair enough. At least they aren't played on the radio anymore.

Speaking of which, are there any good rock n' roll radio stations left out there?

Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Speaking of which, are there any good rock n' roll radio stations left out there?
    No, not over air at least.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Anyone ever hear of the Archies?
    As a kid, I got an Archies 45 off the back of a box of Post Alpha-Bits cereal. It was one of the cardboard ones you cut out. I think I had one of Bobby Sherman, too.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    As a kid, I got an Archies 45 off the back of a box of Post Alpha-Bits cereal. It was one of the cardboard ones you cut out. I think I had one of Bobby Sherman, too.

Yeppers... good times...

http://adverlab.blogspot.com/2005/02...d-records.html

I cannot believe I failed to mention this artist the first time around:

Amy Winehouse.

Drives me INSANE. (Her music/voice, not her shenanigans, which I don't care about.) It's weird, because I like some music similar to her. But not hers.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Any music on the radio between the hours of 7am to 10pm.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Hey GAC, I think Badfinger was gonna be the next Beatles too. Oh well. Everyone wants the next big thing yet they can't let go of the past.
    I remember when I first heard "Day After Day" on the radio I thought it was the Beatles.

A reporter once asked the Beatles what was the secret to their success. I think it was Lennon who responded that if they knew that they go find four guys and become their managers. Of course they then founded Apple, and had artists like Mary Hopkins, Black Dyke Mills Band, Elephants Memory, White Trash. Other then helping James Taylor, Badfinger was one of their more successful ventures.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Journey's Steven Perry's voice gets on my nerves. Add the song "Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin" to the list.

Same with Dennis DeYoung if Styx. Though I did like Styx's earlier work.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post

In the late 60's and early 70's, the airwaves were dominated by these bands, and others, like the Jacksons, Osmonds, and the list goes on.

Any Three Dog Night fans here? Joy To The World?

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    In the late 60's and early 70's, the airwaves were dominated by these bands, and others, like the Jacksons, Osmonds, and the list goes on.

Any Three Dog Night fans here? Joy To The World?
    Oh man, that was me as a kid. I think my favorite was "Momma Told Me Not To Come."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Ah, yes! Nice find, woy!

Your link took me to this link, and lo and behold, there is my Bobby Sherman record (the one in the lower right):

http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/cbmany.html

Evanescence. Their songs get old really, really fast. I heard that song that starts "Don't cry to me" tonight. What an awful song. Once Amy starts singing my reflex is to change the channel immediately.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The Offspring. That guy's voice is like an un-oiled band saw.
    That would be my pick for the worst band in the history of earth to achieve a sustained level of popularity. Nothing remotely interesting about their music, and they should have been sued for ripping off the Beatles' Ob-li-di-ob-li-da.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Red
    Amy Winehouse.
    I've seen your posts on the music-related threads and I think we usually have similar tastes, but I disagree with you on this one. I hate her "act," but love her voice, singing style, the band backing her up, and the arrangements of her songs.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    That would be my pick for the worst band in the history of earth to achieve a sustained level of popularity. Nothing remotely interesting about their music, and they should have been sued for ripping off the Beatles' Ob-li-di-ob-li-da.
    Really? Am I misunderstanding some exaggeration? I'm not the biggest fan but Smash is awesome...

Turn Off Ads?