Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Re: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I've seen your posts on the music-related threads and I think we usually have similar tastes, but I disagree with you on this one. I hate her "act," but love her voice, singing style, the band backing her up, and the arrangements of her songs.
    That's okay, a lot of my friends disagree with me about her too. She does seem like someone I'd normally like, but for whatever reason I can't stand her.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That would be my pick for the worst band in the history of earth to achieve a sustained level of popularity. Nothing remotely interesting about their music, and they should have been sued for ripping off the Beatles' Ob-li-di-ob-li-da.
    And maybe Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Which reminds me, for all you Nickelback folk, this is pretty amazing:

http://www.megaswf.com/view/ae5be0fc...ffe6489b1.html

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Really? Am I misunderstanding some exaggeration? I'm not the biggest fan but Smash is awesome...
    No, I'm not exaggerating. I stayed up last night listening to every band in the history of earth, and they came in last right after Korn.
    Stick to your guns.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    And maybe Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Which reminds me, for all you Nickelback folk, this is pretty amazing:

http://www.megaswf.com/view/ae5be0fc...ffe6489b1.html
    Ahhhhhh... stop it. They're gang-raping my ears.
    Stick to your guns.

Really? Am I misunderstanding some exaggeration? I'm not the biggest fan but Smash is awesome...
    Smash is one CD that I can listen to over and over again. Offspring has gotten more main stream and changed their sound now. Smash and to some extent Ixnay were a hard hitting mixture of punk/rock/grunge. Their later stuff sucks, but their early stuff was great.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Smash is one CD that I can listen to over and over again. Offspring has gotten more main stream and changed their sound now. Smash and to some extent Ixnay were a hard hitting mixture of punk/rock/grunge. Their later stuff sucks, but their early stuff was great.
    I agree.

But you think they went soft and mainstream and now dislike their sound, but you like most of the bands on my other list?

No, I'm not exaggerating. I stayed up last night listening to every band in the history of earth, and they came in last right after Korn.
    Aw now, I like KoRn too. They haven't made anything good since like 1999, but their self-titled debut is awesome and way ahead of its time. It was good nu metal before anybody else was making nu metal...

All discussion ends with "Creed"
    School's out. What did you expect?

I agree.

But you think they went soft and mainstream and now dislike their sound, but you like most of the bands on my other list?
    They went weird for lack of a better description. They went Pretty Fly For a White Guy. They went from writing songs to writing catchy jingles. I think its different than most of your detested bands but to be honest other than 3 Doors Down I haven't listen to more than a full CD of your detested bands in quite a while. I think the best way to describe Offspring is they went TRL.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    All discussion ends with "Creed"
    The only reason I like Creed just a bit more than Nickelback? At least Creed broke up.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Nickelback
    Coldplay
    The Proclaimers-500 Miles (I worked security Flannagan's this weekend and every single band covered this song, I'm just tired of it at the moment....)
    Miley Cyrus
    Britney Spears
    N SYNC
    Backstreet Boys
    THRIVING "EFFIN" IVORY!!!
    Let's make some noise!

See, I don't like most of the boy bands or pop singers either, but at least you can avoid them. It's hard to avoid somebody like Nickelback who is on modern rock radio...

See, I don't like most of the boy bands or pop singers either, but at least you can avoid them. It's hard to avoid somebody like Nickelback who is on modern rock radio...
    I actually don't even listen to the radio much anymore. It still plays some decent stuff from time to time, but between commercials and the amount of garbage on there, it's not worth the time unless I flip it on and get lucky.

I've become mostly a singer-songwriter kind of music fan now. Lots of not-so-well-known guys out there are producing really great stuff on their own, plus when they come to town for shows you can get in for about $15 or less (sometimes free).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Next Year

I agree.

I think most of the Offspring's stuff is still more hard rock than anything. It's just they have been mixing in radio friendly hits since Americana that suck (Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get a Job, Want You Bad and that awful new ballad). That new Hammerhead song is pretty good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I actually don't even listen to the radio much anymore. It still plays some decent stuff from time to time, but between commercials and the amount of garbage on there, it's not worth the time unless I flip it on and get lucky.
    Same here. I'm in the car about 90 minutes a day and it's either my own music or AM talk that I listen to. Before the Web, FM radio was about the only way to keep on top of what new music was good or hot, but not anymore.

Turn Off Ads?