Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soda Change at Fifth Third Field

Soda Change at Fifth Third Field

Just thought some people on here would like to know that the official stadium beverage of the Dayton Dragons is now Pepsi and Pepsi Related Products

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Soda Change at Fifth Third Field

Thanks, JBF. I prefer Coca-Cola products, but as long as they're still serving beer, I'll be happy.

So the Reds go from Pepsi to Coke and the Dragons go to Pepsi? What did they serve at 5/3rd before?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

They served RC products for the 1st year, and I'm not sure how much longer after that...then served Coke products until now.

FWIW, I remember reading once that the Dayton area was one of the larger Pepsi over Coke preference areas in the country (though I'd assume that Coke still rules the rooste like it does everywhere else, we've just got more pepsi drinkers here than the average city). I think that is why Pepsi Clear was tested in the Dayton market before it hit store shelfs around the country, before dissapperating all together.

Pesonally, I prefer Pepsi over Coke, but Diet coke over Diet Pepsi, but diet cherry pepsi over diet cherry coke, but Cherry coke zero over diet cherry pepsi. Makin' sense to ya now?

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Well, crap! I guess I won't be having a pop at the Dragons games... a shame you can't bring in your own like at GABP... :thumbdown Edit: I will drink MUG rootbeer if they have it, tho...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    They served RC products for the 1st year, and I'm not sure how much longer after that...then served Coke products until now.
    IIRC it's was 1 or 2 years for Coke products there.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

My wife likes Diet Mountain Dew so she'll be happy with that decision to change to Pepsi products.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I think that is why Pepsi Clear was tested in the Dayton market before it hit store shelfs around the country, before dissapperating all together.
    Wasn't it Crystal Clear Pepsi? The commercials had Right Now by Van Hallen as its song. I used to love that stuff back in Jr. High. Its hard to believe that was all the way back in 93.

I am a Coke fan. Quite happy GABP changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    My wife likes Diet Mountain Dew so she'll be happy with that decision to change to Pepsi products.
    We call Mt Dew Carolina Coffee over in this neck fo the country

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Wasn't it Crystal Clear Pepsi? The commercials had Right Now by Van Hallen as its song. I used to love that stuff back in Jr. High. Its hard to believe that was all the way back in 93.

I am a Coke fan. Quite happy GABP changed.
    It was called Crystal Pepsi, and I shamefully admit that I loved the stuff too. I remember drinking it while in high school, around '91 or so.

But then again, I also had a Smurf's lunch box in the 4th grade. My tastes are somewhat stupid.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    We call Mt Dew Carolina Coffee over in this neck fo the country
    Carolian Coffe and a little Wild Turkey will get ya what we like to call a Carter Cooler (my mother's maiden name) around these parts. Perfected by my late great uncle. R.I.P L.C.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Well, crap! I guess I won't be having a pop at the Dragons games... a shame you can't bring in your own like at GABP... :thumbdown Edit: I will drink MUG rootbeer if they have it, tho...
    Touche' Kitty now I have my Pepsi back.....
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Updates:

Fifth Third Field will now also have Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Updates:

Fifth Third Field will now also have Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream
    Will they still have Dippin' Dots?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?