Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Woman Gets Hole-in-one on First Ever Golf Shot on a Course!

Woman Gets Hole-in-one on First Ever Golf Shot on a Course!

Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Woman Gets Hole-in-one on First Ever Golf Shot on a Course!

Right after sinking that shot would have been the best time for her to give up the sport. It's all downhill from there.
    /r/reds

I shot a 46 through 9 yesterday. Best golf I ever played.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wow, that's impressive! The first time I played golf I didn't even hit the ball off the tee at the first hole, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Not a bad article, too. You can see the blogger had fun with that.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Tell me she didn't do it with a range ball....

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Jealous? Yep. I've been playing for 30 years and have never come closer than about 8 inches.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Jealous? Yep. I've been playing for 30 years and have never come closer than about 8 inches.
    Same here, I think 6 inches or so maybe 5 times in 30 years. I did have a "hole in 2" on a par 4 which I guess is my next best shot. It was up a hill and I didn't even get to see it!
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    Same here, I think 6 inches or so maybe 5 times in 30 years. I did have a "hole in 2" on a par 4 which I guess is my next best shot. It was up a hill and I didn't even get to see it!
    I've had a couple of those as well. They're pretty much the same thing, but for some reason it just doesn't feel like it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Not to make anyone feel bad, but I've had 3 hole-in-ones and 3 double eagles on par 5's.

I've actually had a couple very interesting events happen on the course. Both would've/could be records. First, on the day I had my first double eagle (the 13th hole), I came within an inch of a hole-in-one on the 5th hole that day. Does anyone know if someone has had both in the same round?

Second, the 13th hole at Stonelick Hills (awesome, awesome course btw) is my hole. The first time I played the hole I hit a 3-wood to 2 feet and made eagle. The 2nd time I played the hole I holed a 5-iron for double eagle. Does anyone know if someone has gone eagle/double-eagle the first two times they've played a hole? Pretty crazy, huh?

You guys might think I'm lucky, but I've also had some crappy luck. I started and ended big tournaments with quadruple bogies, lost in three PGA Tour qualifier playoffs (one after shooting 65), missed q-school by a shot twice, etc. etc. I guess it goes both ways.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?