Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Energy in Cincinnati

Energy in Cincinnati

Here is a great article on EPSN about the youth in Cincinnati's program that is worth a read. "Scouts who have followed the Reds this spring have talked nonstop about the energy that seems to jump off the field at you when you watch them." What do you think? I think we've got something worth getting excited over here. I wouldn't be surprised to see this team in the playoffs / World Series very soon. It's all starting to come together.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...son&id=3989234

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Energy in Cincinnati

Wow the reds actually getting some love, i think we need one bat to make it to the playoffs, Phillips wont do it in the 4th spot in the Lineup we need someone like Alex Rios, Bobby Abreu, they may not be the best 4th hitter but could do better than phillips

I don't think there's actually A LOT of energy on the field, I just think it looks that way after seeing what's been going on the past 7-8 years.

To be honest, I was down in spring training last year, and everyone was saying the same thing about the energy level and attitude of the team.

Energy, attitude and team chemistry are great, but they only result in wins if you have the talent to win. IMO, winning creates team chemistry not the other way around.

That said, I do like the make up of the team and more importantly the organization. I like Root Down, see a much brighter future for this team.

Seems like a lot of pressure is put on the shoulders of Votto and Bruce. That's a gimme, as they have either shown, or we expect them to show that they are the future. Watching the Reds last week at ST, they also need for EE to become all he can be. Phillips is a rock with his glove and professional hitting capability. Votto, Bruce, EE need to stand and deliver, then maybe we got something.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

It's great to hear this and I hope its true.......

..... but I do worry. A few things are suspect to me. Every time I look up we're scoring 1 run..... I guess you can't judge ST performances at all really. They are no indicator of success. I'm just paranoid.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Votto's rookie season showed that he will be a force to be reckoned with on that field in years to come. Granted, bad things can happen but there is no reason to think he won't continue the trend he set last year. I think Bruce showed much of the same even though he did come down from his superman start. EE is still young and it seems to me that everyone expects him to be the solid old vet. His numbers aren't the best but he just turned 26 in January. The man is still developing. I agree, these three (with the always solid BP) need to develop as ball players hopefully sooner rather than later, but I for one am not too worried about that happening.

One of our bats needs to have a red hot April and carry us to a few games over .500 and then gain confidence for the remainder of the season. When/if this happens, everyone else can relax and play their game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

ESPN writers are so fluffy and melodramatic, and try to be so cutting-edge with their phrasing. "But let us be the first to warn you: There's something happening here in Reds Land. Something building. Something growing."

Volquez still doesn't get the love he deserves for last year. That article was the Bruce/Votto show.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

The last time I can remember two young hitters getting this kind of love for the Reds was....Dunn and Kearns.

Let's hope Bruce and Votto have a better record.

Why don't the reds bat phillips 2nd bruce 3rd votto 4th and encarnacion 5th. I for one are already getting sick and tired of hearing this lefty righty lefty righty all the time. votto and bruce are your two best hitters so make them your 3rd and 4th batters. Phillips is much more better suited for the 2 hole. Play to your strengths not situations.

why is BP batting 4th

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Why don't the reds bat phillips 2nd bruce 3rd votto 4th and encarnacion 5th. I for one are already getting sick and tired of hearing this lefty righty lefty righty all the time. votto and bruce are your two best hitters so make them your 3rd and 4th batters. Phillips is much more better suited for the 2 hole. Play to your strengths not situations.
    Bruce hasn't shown that he's one of our "best hitters" yet. The lineup in my eyes should be like this:

Tavares (Not Ideal but its going to happen)
    Dickerson/Gomes
    Votto
    EE
    Bruce
    Phillips
    Hernandez
    Gonzo
    Pitcher

Phillips can't get on base so he should hit 5th or 6th depending on if he's facing a righty or lefty.
    Last edited by schmidty622; 03-18-2009 at 08:30 AM.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

You have to move Phillips up from 6th

Quote Originally Posted by xavr1 View Post
    You have to move Phillips up from 6th
    Why? He doesn't get on base.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Why? He doesn't get on base.
    You have to look at more than OBP. If that is your only critieria, and you wanted to get the high OBP guys more ABs, then you would have alineup that started with your highest OBP player and decreased down the lineup. And I'm sure that would go over like a lead balloon for the players and fans.

Turn Off Ads?