Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Roto league trade advice

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Roto league trade advice

Standard Roto league.

I was offered Jhonny Peralta for Derek Jeter.

My team as it stands is

C: Joe Mauer
    1B: Albert Pujols
    2B: Alexei Ramirez
    3B:Melvin Mora
    SS: Derek Jeter
    CI: Troy Glaus
    OF: Carlos Beltran
    OF: Carlos Quentin
    OF: Jermaine Dye
    Util: Mike Lowell
    Util: Willy Taveras
    Bn: Ty Wigginton

I feel like I have pretty decent power thus far, but Peralta would be an upgrade there to help put me at or near the top in that respect. IYO, is the loss of avg and stolen bases worth making the move?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roto league trade advice

Glaus is really your only AVG liability and if you're willing to stick with Taveras, he and Beltran put you middle of the pack in steals by themselves.

Personally, I'd rather have Peralta because of the 25/100 upside you mention. But you've got a pretty solid, well rounded offense, so you might be better off just sticking with the "sure thing" in Jeter.

Your bigger issue is finding a C. Given the state of his back, Mauer cannot be counted on for opening day.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Eh, it's too early to worry about little swings in specific categories like those represented in Peralta and Jeter. I would stick with Jeter because he is the better all-around roto player. I would worry about trades like this later in the season after I have gotten some value from the better player (all IMO)...
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 03-25-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Eh, it's too early to worry about little swings in specific categories like those represented in Peralta and Jeter IMO. I would stick with Jeter because he is the better all-around roto player IMO. I would worry about trades like this later in the season after I have gotten some value from the better player (again, IMO)...
    I tend to agree with sticking with Jeter, but it seemed like a very fair offer worth considering seriously. I have big expectations for Jeter this year in that upgraded offense though(I know you can say that most any year with them )

Appreciate the input from the both of you.

Turn Off Ads?