Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Bard I hope reds take a flyer on him

Josh Bard I hope reds take a flyer on him

per USA today BOSTON RED SOX-Waived C Josh Bard. I really like this guy . In no way is he spectacular but he most definitely deserves the Red's looking at him .
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Josh Bard I hope reds take a flyer on him

No doubt, I'd take a look.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'll pass. I really like what we currently have in Hernandez & Hanigan. Plus I like the defensive up-side of Tatum as a backup and the potential in Mesoraco. Cutting loose Bako, Javy & Ross were long overdue...let's not go BACK to that type of catching.

Ovly if it turns out that Saon's knee issue tuens out to be more than dat-to-day soreness

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    per USA today BOSTON RED SOX-Waived C Josh Bard. I really like this guy . In no way is he spectacular but he most definitely deserves the Red's looking at him .

Jerry Narron isn't the manager anymore, is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'd look at signing him to a minor league contract if he's open to that.

Hernandez's knee hints at problems. Tatum can't hit and Mescaro needs some time to grow his game. Bard could be valuable to have waiting in the wings just in case.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'll pass. I really like what we currently have in Hernandez & Hanigan. Plus I like the defensive up-side of Tatum as a backup and the potential in Mesoraco. Cutting loose Bako, Javy & Ross were long overdue...let's not go BACK to that type of catching.
    Two points:

1. I don't think Mesoraco should factor into Major League roster decisions at all at this point.

2. I wouldn't necessarily put any of those catchers in a class of backstops above David Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    No reason not to look as long as he's healthy and inexpensive. I don't see why you pass just because the team used to have three bad catchers. It's not like we've got two great ones now. Worst case scenario, Bard serves as valuable experienced reinforcements in AAA.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Ovly if it turns out that Saon's knee issue tuens out to be more than dat-to-day soreness
    Is this a joke post that I just don't get?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Attempted Translation: Only if it turns out that Ramon's knee issue turns out to be more than day-to-day soreness.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I'm betting he winds up with the Mets....they seem to be hurting behind the 'ole dish

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    I'm betting he winds up with the Mets....they seem to be hurting behind the 'ole dish
    So are the Red Sox. Varitek ain't what he used to be.

I've always liked Bard, but the Sox usually know talent. If they let him go, he's probably lost it.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Attempted Translation: Only if it turns out that Ramon's knee issue turns out to be more than day-to-day soreness.
    Thanks. Posted quickly at lunch amd didn't have my glasses on.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    So are the Red Sox. Varitek ain't what he used to be.

I've always liked Bard, but the Sox usually know talent. If they let him go, he's probably lost it.
    This was probably going to happen no matter what as soon as they re-signed Varitek, unless Kottaras seemed much less capable than Bard. It's hard to let a 25 year old, LHH catcher who hit 22 HRs in AAA last year, get claimed off waivers to get a few more hits from your backup catcher, especially when it'll cost an extra $1.3M.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Thanks. Posted quickly at lunch amd didn't have my glasses on.
    lol I thought you posted that on your blackberry while driving or something.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?