Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donte' Stallworth is in a boatload of trouble

Donte' Stallworth is in a boatload of trouble

Miami Herald reporting that his BAC was .12 when he struck and killed a pedestrian earlier this week (legal limit is .08).
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2009 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Donte' Stallworth is in a boatload of trouble

I saw this on the ticker last night. However, ESPN now has an article claiming the Miami police won't confirm the report.

Police: Stallworth report unconfirmed

Miami police won't confirm a local television report that says Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth was legally drunk when a car he was driving hit and killed a man last Saturday.

''We have not released anything regarding the blood work,'' said Jenny Velazquez, a Miami Beach police spokeswoman to the Miami Herald. "We're not confirming anything.''

Stallworth has not been charged with a crime in the death of Mario Reyes, a 59-year-old Miami man. Police said they expect results of a toxicology report on Friday, and "we will not be releasing those results until we make an arrest," Miami Beach police detective Juan Sanchez said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Television station WSVN-Fox reported Thursday that Stallworth had a blood alcohol level of .12, which is over the legal limit of .08.

Stallworth, who was driving his Bentley in Miami Beach at the time of the accident, released a statement Wednesday through the Browns.

"My family and I are grief stricken over the tragic accident which occurred Saturday on Miami Beach where Mario Reyes sadly lost his life," Stallworth said. "My thoughts and prayers are with the Reyes family during this incredibly difficult time. Unfortunately, since this accident is still under police investigation, I cannot comment further on the matter at this time."

I'm sorry, but I just don't feel sorry for Stallworth. A 59 year old man lost his life, unjustly, because Stallworth is an idiot. The sooner he gets locked up the better.

His career is now over.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't feel sorry for Stallworth. A 59 year old man lost his life, unjustly, because Stallworth is an idiot. The sooner he gets locked up the better.
    No need for you to apologize. You're correct. It's Stallworth's problem now. I said from the beginning if he passed the blood tests he'd be fine. Unfortunately that's not the case. His football career is now in jeopardy.

This makes two Tennessee Volunteers that have killed people while driving drunk, Leonard Little. Not good, but I'm still pissed at Stallworth for fumbling in the SEC Championship game keeping UT from a once in a lifetime chance to go to the Rose Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    His career is now over.
    Why is it? Leonard Little did the same thing and Comrade Goodell still lets him play.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Just curious, but is it possible that he had a night on the town, got wasted, went to bed, and woke up still (legally) drunk?

Not that it makes it any better or brings back the poor guy that died, but it would seem to be less criminal if that were the case.

Also, does anyone have any idea of the details? Hypothetical. What if the pedestrian is at fault (and would have been hit regardless)?

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Just curious, but is it possible that he had a night on the town, got wasted, went to bed, and woke up still (legally) drunk? Not that it makes it any better or brings back the poor guy that died, but it would seem to be less criminal if that were the case. Also, does anyone have any idea of the details? Hypothetical. What if the pedestrian is at fault (and would have been hit regardless)?
    Driving while impaired is what it is regardless of when it is. To your last point, Stallworth's attorney may have something to work with if the guy was jaywalking.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Driving while impaired is what it is regardless of when it is. To your last point, Stallworth's attorney may have something to work with if the guy was jaywalking.
    Yeah, I get that. However I don't think some realize that while they think they might be doing the responsible thing and sleeping over at a friend's house after a few too many, that the fuzzy hangover feeling in the morning might still be the fact that they are over .08. I understand the legal ramifications.

It might not have even anything to do with this case, but I guess I was just thinking out loud whether one realizes they are doing "wrong" once sunrise hits.

Even if he was jaywalking, the fact that he was DUI makes him at fault.

His career is over because he'll likely be in jail for a long period of time and now they just love to hand out suspensions. I just think his career is probably over now.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Even if he was jaywalking, the fact that he was DUI makes him at fault.

His career is over because he'll likely be in jail for a long period of time and now they just love to hand out suspensions. I just think his career is probably over now.
    Agreed. But it will be interesting to see if he gets Leonard Little treatment or your everyday citizen treatment.

What intreagues me is the .12 BAC that early in the morning. There probably have been times where I have driven home the morning after with a illegal BAC. Its just a bad, bad, unfortunate decision that Stallworth made.

.12 is pretty significant though. What time was it when this happened?

The accident was 7am. He said he quit drinking at about 1am if I recall correctly

That would put him at roughly .21 at 1am, which is completely hammered (almost 3x the legal limit)

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

How does someone stop drinking at 1:00? That's not even last call! Then again, if he had a .21 BAC, maybe he didn't have much choice.

Turn Off Ads?