Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard warning

Blizzard warning

I live in Springfield, in Clark County, and we have a blizzard warning. I can't remember the last time we've had a blizzard warning. I hope all of Redszone is safe and sound tomorrow, especially the ones that live in the danger zone!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Blizzard warning

Same forecast for Butler County. Hamilton County, where I work, has only a winter weather advisory (for now). The company I work for has the policy is that you need to try to come in if you can - but if your county declares a Level 3 then you need to stay home. I only remember two Level 3s in BC and in both cases I was already at work when it was declared. I tend to leave from home earlier to allow extra time since I drive a regular sedan w/o 4 wheel drive. I guess I'll find out when I wake tomorrow morning what the verdict will be.

This is from Butler County Engineer's Office:

http://www.bceo.org/snowemergency.html

There are three levels of snow emergency classifications:

LEVEL 1: Roadways are hazardous. Motorists are urged to drive very cautiously.

LEVEL 2: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be very icy. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roads. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work. Motorists should use extreme caution.

LEVEL 3: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be driving during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel or a personal emergency exists. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work. Those traveling on the roads may subject themselves to arrest.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I am supposed to go back to Bloomington from Cincinnati tomorrow, but that seems unlikely.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I am supposed to go back to Bloomington from Cincinnati tomorrow, but that seems unlikely.
    You have already waited to long to leave....

So far, so good here........

Seriously....be safe everyone
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-25-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I live in Springfield, in Clark County, and we have a blizzard warning. I can't remember the last time we've had a blizzard warning. I hope all of Redszone is safe and sound tomorrow, especially the ones that live in the danger zone!
    I'm originally from Springfield (Northridge), but now live just up the road a piece from you outside of Bellefontaine (family is in Urbana).

We're under a Blizzard Warning as well. It's not suppose to start till after daybreak this morning, and then continue throughout the day.

So far, work has not been canceled at Honda. Simply amazing knowing what's coming.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For a Level Playing Field

Woke up at 4:30 am and looked out the window. Not a darn thing on the ground. I get up at 6:00 am to shower and get dressed for work... the look outside is much different this time. It snowed a lot in the last 1-1/2 hours. As I drive to work I feel that the roads are some of the most treacherous roads I can remember driving. I do not remember it being this slick/dangerous for some time. The 1st stoplight I met this morning... I slid right through it. Luckily it was early, it was a non-busy side street and I was able to get through.

Be careful! It is slick here (just south of Dayton).

Retired

Been mostly slushy icy here in Bridgetown, hardly any snow. Will be super fun with the slush freezes solid.

My brother in law and his family are driving up in this mess from Austin, no idea where they are stuck
    Last edited by westofyou; 12-26-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You have already waited to long to leave....
    If we would have left when I sent that message we would have been fine. Except for the high likelihood that our power would fail which often does when there is heavy ice. Right now there is fifty car stand still just north of Bloomington. Not a wreck, just cars stuck.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Seriously, did you get anything that remotely looks like a blizzard? It looks like just a sleet storm where I am in Warren County

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Seriously, did you get anything that remotely looks like a blizzard? It looks like just a sleet storm where I am in Warren County
    I've been to Mason and back today from Middletown. That 10 miles on the interstate makes a huge difference today. And supposedly it's much worse just the 5 or so miles on up the road in Miamisburg/Germantown.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm in Wyoming, not far off the Glendale Milford exit, and it's coming down pretty good right now. Probably over an inch in the driveway right now and still coming pretty heavy. I guess I'll be out there with the snowblower before much longer.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I'm in central Arkansas, and we received nearly 10" last night. It rarely snows that much here and is more than they were predicting.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Retired

Well I guess it's over, not much where I live in Bridgetown. About an inch of slush with maybe an inch of snow on it. Already cleaned the driveway. I guess we got lucky, there are some spots in Indiana that got dumped on.

Turn Off Ads?