Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Things people say that irritate you

Re: Things people say that irritate you

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm really handsome and talk to a lot of women. Their imaginations run wild around me.
    I have that problem too, I often remind my wife how lucky she is.....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I have that problem too, I often remind my wife how lucky she is.....
    Yeah, that's important. I remind my girlfriends all the time.

Good afternoon/evening, everyone, I'm Thom Brennaman/Joe Buck.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Good afternoon/evening, everyone, I'm Thom Brennaman/Joe Buck.
    Is Joe Buck in that rental car commercial?

The way he struts in that thing like he is somebody is ingratiating.

Like, I cannot stand him because of that commercial. Somebody really likes himself.

When a young person calls me "dude."

A suitor for my daughter used that several times at our first meeting. I treated him decently during his tenure, but I took note of that lack of respect for a girlfriend's father. Thankfully, she is now done with him, but not without some damage done.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I don't know if someone's already said this but when someone says "I could care less", it bugs me.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I don't know if someone's already said this but when someone says "I could care less", it bugs me.
    I really could care less what you think about that.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    When a young person calls me "dude."

A suitor for my daughter used that several times at our first meeting. I treated him decently during his tenure, but I took note of that lack of respect for a girlfriend's father. Thankfully, she is now done with him, but not without some damage done.
    Please take good notes, TR; I'll be needing this info in a few years. At this point, my wife is concerned that I'll meet boys at the door with a 12 gauge.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Please take good notes, TR; I'll be needing this info in a few years. At this point, my wife is concerned that I'll meet boys at the door with a 12 gauge.
    Yea, I don't own a shotgun, so can't help you there.

I've actually got the game plan that the one's I like, I treat them bad, snookering the daughter into thinking she is being rebellious by loving the guy I hate. The opposite strategy goes for those I want to hit the road...just shower them with praise. That should ensure that my daughter will want nothing to do with them.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I've had a couple chats with my daughter's boyfriends where the conversation had phrases like "we don't do things like that in this house" and "if you want to welcomed back in this house" accompanied by skunk eyes and hulking up.

We usually got along fine after that. It was always Mr. Tucker then.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I really could care less what you think about that.
    You've got another thing coming.

Not so much as things people say as it is culture i guess rap speak/ Ebonics or whatever it's called infuriates me to no end don't they realize they sound like idiots? Really the whole rap culture irritates me to to no end .

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Not so much as things people say as it is culture i guess rap speak/ Ebonics or whatever it's called infuriates me to no end don't they realize they sound like idiots? Really the whole rap culture irritates me to to no end .
    It seems to me that you're showing a great deal of ignorance on the subject. There are literally dozens of different types of rap, and you're lumping them all into one group as if their cultures are identical. I might as well make all my judgments on country music based on Taylor Swift.

I can only guess as to how you would incorrectly define "rap speak", but to imply that it could have the same meaning as Ebonics is ridiculous and shows even more ignorance. You say they sound like idiots? Try telling that to Talib Kweli. Odds are, he's significantly more educated and accomplished than you (no offense--but for what it's worth, the odds say that he's probably more educated than the rest of us, too).

And speaking of Ebonics, how do you think people came to talk like that? Africans were brought over as slaves, barred from education, and then thrown into extremely dire conditions when slavery ended. Do you think all the other cultures in the world were speaking eloquently within a century or two of being introduced to education? How do you think the British feel about Americans and the ways we abuse English? Do we sound like idiots, too?

I can't stand it when people put an "s" at the end of someone's name in some weird attempt to pluralize them.

Jim Bowden used to do this a lot when he was with the Reds, saying things like "If we can get the Griffeys and the Dunns healthy ..." Or "in our lineup, with the Kearnses, the Dunns, the Griffeys ..."

So annoying. Are there more than one of these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    I can't stand it when people put an "s" at the end of someone's name in some weird attempt to pluralize them.

Jim Bowden used to do this a lot when he was with the Reds, saying things like "If we can get the Griffeys and the Dunns healthy ..." Or "in our lineup, with the Kearnses, the Dunns, the Griffeys ..."

So annoying. Are there more than one of these people?
    Well at one point, in Seattle there was a time they wanted to get the "Griffeys" in the lineup. Heck, even here there was a time that Jim Bowden was correct when talking about having guys like the Boones and Larkins in the line up

Turn Off Ads?