Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ugliest Sports Stars/Celebrities

Re: Ugliest Sports Stars/Celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I agree but I have a problem with you only being upset about the female names brought up in this thread. Is there a double standard?
    Much worse was said on this thread about Don Mossi ( I know because I said much of it).
    I wouldn't say anything nasty to any of these celebrities in person, and I wouldn't post it here if I thought that there was one chance in a trillion that any of them would read this thread. Actually, while I laughed at Bill James comments about Mossi in his Historical Baseball Abstract I have always wondered about the decision by James to include those comments in a book that millions of people might read, with the chance that Mossi might learn of the comments and be offended.
    Julia Roberts has said worse things about other people than anything posted here about her---and, yes, while it is an overstatement to call her "ugly," as far as celebrities go she is at best ordinary looking. If I encountered her in a grocery store I absolutely would not think she was the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen.
    What are the standards to use when posting opinions about celebrities? For that matter, many, perhaps most, posters here have made crticial comments from time to time regarding the performance of Reds players, but that doesn't mean most of us would, if given the opportunity to meet them, immediately start telling them how rotten we thought they were in a particular game. There is another thread about singers posters do not like. I mentioned Rascal Flatts and Madonna as being singers whom I think are not good singers (or words to that effect). Well, as professional singers go I stand by that comment, but I fully realize that they are far, far better singers than I am. For that matter, I am probably uglier than any of the celebrities mentioned herein.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I agree but I have a problem with you only being upset about the female names brought up in this thread. Is there a double standard?
    I mentioned elsewhere that it wasn't just the girls mentioned here that bothers me, that I think this is a mean-spirited thread in general.
    Last edited by RosieRed; 03-22-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    I mentioned elsewhere that it wasn't just the girls mentioned here that bothers me, that I think this is a mean-spirited thread in general.
    No meaner than most of the locker room conversation I've heard and/or been a part of. This is far different than a "name the ugliest Redszoner" thread.
    On the topic of the thread, I don't understand including Julia Roberts at all. Is she the hottest woman alive? No. But I think there are a lot of guys on here that must have prettylow opinions of how attractive the women in their lives are if she is ugly.

Then take it to the locker room.

What I really don't get is, who even sits around thinking about who is the ugliest sports star/celebrity in the first place? There's a billion other things to do with your time than make such a list.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

In the spirit of political correctness....here are some ugly dude candidates---John Malkovich, Sam Donaldson and Beetlejuice (of Howard Stern show fame)....

I grew up in Cleveland in the era of Don Mossi. He and Ray Narleski were a heck of a bullpen for a few years. One leftie, one righty. But, when the Disney movie 'Dumbo' came out....well, you get the idea.

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 03-22-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    An Adam Dunn thrread is closed before anything bad is posted and this remains open. :thumbdown
    98% of anything Adam Dunn related is beating a dead horse. Boss has addressed that particular subject on multiple occasions.

This thread is in bad taste to be sure. But Redszone has seven rules and this thread doesn't violate any of them.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    is beating a dead horse.
    According to this thread, the same can be said about SJP.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    This thread is in bad taste to be sure. But Redszone has seven rules and this thread doesn't violate any of them.
    There probably should be one

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    According to this thread, the same can be said about SJP.
    I for one am going to take against the majority and say that I am not in favor of beating Sarah Jessica Parker because she looks like a horse. I am in favor of humanly turning her into glue should she happen to break a leg.

In his original Historical Baseball Abstract, which was my source for the comments about Don Mossi, Bill James (who no one has ever claimed is a Brad Pitt lookalike), included in his comments about how major league baseball was played in each decade a short section on baseball's best looking and ugliest players of the decade.
    So that his rankings would not be influenced by how good a player was, James had his wife select the good looking and ugly players of each decade. I can recall that his wife picked Carlton Fisk as one the best looking players of the 1970s and George Foster as one of the ugliest.
    James himself included comments on players who were heavy drinkers, the lightest player, the heaviest player, the fastest player, who had the best arm, etc.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I always thought Rick Mahler was one of the ugliest athletes I had ever seen. And to prove that I couldn't really find a decent enough photo of him in Google images to post. I guess Google agrees.

Bette Midler. One very talented woman with a great voice, but....

"panic" only comes from having real expectations

Ladies and Gentlemen, the rock icon Stan Bush.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

SJP and Julia Roberts arent ugly. At worst, normal looking but cmon. I have seen uglier and I wouldnt go running like I saw an undead walking towards me. Lets be real.

Liza Minelli
    Grace Jones
    Cher
    Jon Heder
    Kid Rock
    Michael Jackson
    Rosanne Barr
    Lyle Lovette (whoa man... hit every branch in the ugly tree)

Gheorghe Muresan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Turn Off Ads?