17. (199) Mark Reynolds
    18. (210) Erik Bedard
    19. (223) Chien-Ming Wang
    20. (234) Melvin Mora
    21. (247) Garret Anderson

So how did I do? or :thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Draft Results

After just a brief look I think you are going to struggle in HR and RBIs. Your top picks were on top of the order guys, with Quentin (can he repeat?) and Rios the only guys with 30+ potential. Sizemore could hit 30, but more likely 25.

You'll do really well in R and AVG, and OK in SB.

As far as pitching goes you really don't have a true ace unless Harang rebounds. You have good saves for sure.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I think if Quentin, Huff, and Atkins hit HR's you'll be fine. I like Lester and Cain a lot and Bedard could be huge in rd. 18. Lilly is always solid and I wouldn't have taken Harang but he could bounce back. I see saves as a possible problem with Bell and Lyon having jobs but not being very good
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

You can't go wrong with Grady Sizemore. Then you picked up the AL MVP and the runner-up if I remember correctly. McCann is arguably the best catcher in baseball and gives you power from an overall powerless position but I expect you forfeited picking Manny or the best player available at that time by taking McCann with the 4th round pick which will be interesting to see how that works out for you. Still a very solid pick and great catchers are more scarce than great OF'ers so I can't fault you at all.

I expected more from Rios than he has deilvered so far in his career. Perhaps he has a great year this year. Looks like you waited a bit too long at the 1st base position but Huff can do the job IF he repeats the great three months he had last during the summer. Plus he should be 1st & 3rd base eligible in your league, I hope. Garrett Atkins is great at Coors and not so much when away. His splits were dramatic from home to away last season. Might want to trade for a better 3rd baseman.

You're lacking that ACE SP unless Harang can come back to his 2007 self and before. Lily is very good or should be and Bedard could be great if he can repeat what he did in Baltimore now that he is in his 2nd full year with the Mariners. Wang will get victories for you but average to below average in the strikeout area. Lester has looked good in spring training and he justs tears left-handed hitters apart! Too bad he pitches in the best division in Major League Baseball.

Overall I can't say much more (perhaps I exaggerated above here and there a little) because I have to face you in our draft soon, LOL!!! Good Luck namichael!!!

Vada Pinson Fan

Turn Off Ads?