Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My turn for draft results ..

My turn for draft results ..

Here is the first team that I drafted last weekend. It was a live draft, 10 teams.

7x7 R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP

I drafted Jeter to early, but we have an extra MI spot and they were going quick. I also feel I drafted Derek Lee early. I have 6 OFers but felt that Pence, Bradley, and Burrell had to much value when I picked them.

1. (7) Miguel Cabrera 1B,3B
    2. (14) Johan Santana SP
    3. (27) B.J. Upton OF
    4. (34) Nick Markakis OF
    5. (47) David Ortiz Util
    6. (54) Alexei Ramírez 2B,SS,OF
    7. (67) Jacoby Ellsbury OF
    8. (74) Víctor Martínez C,1B
    9. (87) Derek Jeter SS
    10. (94) Derrek Lee 1B
    11. (107) Aaron Harang SP
    12. (114) Joba Chamberlain SP,RP
    13. (127) Chris Young SP
    14. (134) Hunter Pence OF
    15. (147) Heath Bell RP
    16. (154) Carlos Delgado 1B
    17. (167) Milton Bradley OF
    18. (174) Scott Baker SP
    19. (187) Ryan Theriot SS
    20. (194) Brandon Lyon RP
    21. (207) Pat Burrell OF
    22. (214) Oliver Pérez SP
    23. (227) Orlando Cabrera SS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My turn for draft results ..

What positions do you start? For example, how many outfielders can you start? Corner infielder, dh spots, etc. Depending on how many you start, I'd consider dealing a couple outfielders for help somewhere else.

Plus you have Ortiz, Lee, & Delgado. Can you start all 3? (via a corner infielder spot or an extra dh spot) If you can't than that's another place to deal from.

An upgrade from one of your starting pitchers is a possibility. Also a backup catcher but since it's 10 teams you may be able to find a decent one that isn't taken.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 03-23-2009 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    What positions do you start? For example, how many outfielders can you start? Corner infielder, dh spots, etc. Depending on how many you start, I'd consider dealing a couple outfielders for help somewhere else.

Plus you have Ortiz, Lee, & Delgado. Can you start all 3? (via a corner infielder spot or an extra dh spot) If you can't than that's another place to deal from.

An upgrade from one of your starting pitchers is a possibility. Also a backup catcher but since it's 10 teams you may be able to find a decent one that isn't taken.
    We start only 3 OF and 1 UTIL. The only extra spot we have is the MI spot. I knew I would have to trade at least 1 if not 2 OFers, but that is fine. Hopefully one one of them comes out on fire and I can flip them early.

I will be targeting another top SP and try to get a closer as well.

You have one #1 pitcher and a bunch of #4/5. See if you can get at least get one pitcher to bridge that gap. A closer is must unless you just decided to punt the catagory. Then trade Bell and Lyon as well.

Love the first four picks and Ellsbury in the 7th. Martinez could way outperform that draft slot at C. Your starting pitching needs to be addressed--consider using Ortiz as trade bait, especially if you've got any Sox fans in the league.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?