Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things that make you happy

Re: Things that make you happy

Frisch's Hot Fudge Cakes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just thought of another: the way dogs tilt their head when confused.

Sad though it may be, getting on here makes me happy.

Also when people respond to my posts, it fills me up with a charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Here's given' you a charge, Hoosier Red! Actually, I'm betting you like a little more charge than I provided, but that's all I have right now.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Thought of another one last night,

Red Robin Bacon Guacamole Burgers. They always make me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Sad though it may be, getting on here makes me happy.

I don't think that's sad in any way...just because people have anonymity does not mean you cannot speak with them just as if you were face to face. The relationships built through E-mail, blogs, and message boards can be just as real as any relationship in any other part of life. I met my wife on a Yahoo! message board. RedsZone makes me happy too...sometimes even when the Reds don't.

Any time spent with my wife and daughters is pure joy.

Fresh Cheese Coneys are like a happy bomb for my tummy.

The smell of the ocean...looking at the ocean always fills me with awe, but the smell makes me smile immediately.

The feel and smell of a warm bonfire outdoors, especially with good company.

Those puffy cotton ball (cumulonimbus) clouds on a clear blue sky.

A nice beer and maybe a cigar with some close friends.

Doing something kind for someone else and seeing them smile and/or thank you.

The stars in the desert.

Spring. I love each of the seasons in their turn, but Spring is definitely the 'happiest' feeling season.

Hugs.

To tell the truth, being alive makes me happy...partly because I understand how lucky I am to still BE alive and I make a conscious effort to be fully present in as many of the little moments in life as I can.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Frisch's Hot Fudge Cakes
    Oh yeah. Just awesome.

When my 5 year old son (the first pick of the 2022 draft) is just watching cartoons on the couch and we make eye contact. I wink at him and he winks back with "both eyes."
    Not a word is spoken.

I wish he would stay 5 forever.......
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Anything Zeke (aka The Wiggle Hound) does.

A good game, a cold beer and a table full of friends.

Acquiring a baseball card of some really obscure Red. The star players are easy to find, getting a Jeff Richardson, Ricky Bones, John Hudek or Brandon Watson is much more rewarding. I think my card of Burt Shotton (Reds manager for one game in 1934) might be the most obscure of the bunch.

The other day I discovered that Steve Stapp had entered the Indy Car race at Trenton, NJ in July of 1964, but failed to make the field. That's a fact that 99.9999% of people couldn't care less about. But my biggest hobby is researching old race results. I've probably uncovered at least 50 drivers who showed up for races but didn't make the field and their names were lost to history, as well as a few who did race and were improperly identified in the record books. Each time I find a new name there's that little bit of satisfaction that somebody who had been forgotten can finally be recognized for the role they played, however small it may have been.

Hanging out with my dad watching a few races on a Sunday. He's the only person I know as passionate about the sport as I am (none of my friends really care about it), so it makes for a fun day.

I think my card of Burt Shotton (Reds manager for one game in 1934) might be the most obscure of the bunch.
    Shotton was manager for that day when the team decided that manager O'Farrell was not into the Reds as much as they needed a manager to be. He was known for his golf clubs leaning next to the door of his office as much as he was for his managing. Many a loss was followed with Bob O. lighting out of the office/clubhouse with clubs in hand to catch 18 before dusk.

Larry didn't like that and canned him, of course he picked the wrong successor (Dressen) but the next GM would get it right.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Anticipating Opening Day.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Nachos.

Lemonheads.

My Dad's Boat.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

1. The fact that despite Darnell McDonald is our Opening Day CF I can't sleep because I'm so excited.

2. Sports in general

3. Music

4. Chipotle.

Not to sound like an addict, but drugs (in moderation) make me really. I'm not condoning heroin or anything, but there plenty of recreational drugs that are reasonably priced and pretty much always result in having a good time. When I mix said drugs with playing music, I feel like I'm in heaven. Last night was one of those nights, and I'll be in a good mood all day today.

Turn Off Ads?